Volume 8, Chapter 7 - "Aceing the Exam"

(No one's P.o.V)

As soon as rumours of the establishment of Amnesty Academy began to spread beyond the Orbis Pass through various methods such as intercepted transmissions, careless talk, etc., Spectre called the Sovereign Assembly along with the five Imperial Integrity Division Commanders - one for each of the Kingdoms - including a holographic transmission of Commander Azure (his garrison being the fifth, the main assault squad) broadcast from New Zealand, to discuss how they were to deal with this rising threat. They were all sat around the conference table in Evernight Castle, as always. Spectre had not made an appearance yet, but the meeting went on regardless. Commander Orion, an elderly military general during the years of the Four Kingdoms (the name that was given to the previous regime before the Sovereign Assembly seized control) and the commander of the Atlas garrison known as the One Hundred and First Legion, in particular, was deeply troubled by this turn of events. On the other side, Commander Azure was as cocky as ever since he had the entire force of the Imperial Army at his fingertips.

Commander Orion: "Until the location of this Earthling Huntsman Academy is discovered, we are vulnerable! It has come to our attention that the leaders of the Resistance have joined forces with the traitors that were sent to Earth to create this "Amnesty Academy" as they call it. And these Huntsmen are too well equipped. From my experience, the enemy is usually more dangerous than you originally realise."

Commander Azure: "Dangerous when our troops are under your command, Orion, not when they're under mine."

Commander Orion: "With every day, you get more and more infuriating. I have served as a military general for more than thirty years! You have about as much experience in combat as a lost child armed with a sharp stick!"

Commander Azure: "Yeah, but who's the one standing in New Zealand right now? Not you. Hehe."

Commander Orion: "You arrogant child!"

Watts: "Personally, I think we should be focusing our attention on the Huntsman Academy Headmasters. With the exception of one, they had been fighting to protect the Relics from Salem during the years before the Sovereign Assembly. And I'm sad to say that, particularly with General Ironwood and Headmistress Goodwitch, their stance on whose side they're on hasn't changed."

Commander Orion: "You make an excellent point. It is quite possible that Amnesty Academy will stand as a beacon of hope to all who oppose the Sovereign Assembly. If the Headmasters ever pledge their support to the Earthlings-"

Just then, the massive doors allowing entrance into the room opened and the room fell silent as Spectre glided elegantly towards his throne, just as his previous master did before him.

Spectre: "The Headmasters won't be a threat to us anymore, I have already foreseen this eventuality. The Sovereign Assembly has passed the Act of Blades, which has stripped the Headmasters of their power over the Imperial Integrity Division and their power to interfere with the affairs of this council. They have been prohibited from commanding troops or issuing commands to graduated Huntsmen. From now on, their powers will only amount to them becoming simple figureheads and administrators. With this, the last, broken fragments of the Four Kingdoms have been swept away."

The four Imperial Military Commanders were frozen in surprise at this sudden change that the Act of Blades brought. The Commander of the Vacuan Division of the Imperial Army, otherwise known as the Two Hundred and First Division, Commander Goldune, was the first to break the silence with the question on every one of their lips.

Commander Goldune: "How is that possible? How will you maintain control over the Huntsmen in the Kingdoms without the support of the Headmasters."

Spectre: "Afton, explain this to our Commanders."