47- This feels like being alive again

Comenzar desde el principio

In a low tone, the young woman apologized to her friend who was in deep sleep peacefully. Then Mia quickly sneaked out of the villa. Since Mayu showed the way from backdoor, the young woman had no hassles from stepping out. "I just hope she makes it in time"

Mayu wished under her breath after helping Mia out to sneak out. "What are you murmuring?" out of the blue, Maki asked in confusion. Startling the girl wholly so that she flinched hard. "Grandma!" She shouted with a frown. "What are you yelling at for?" Maki rolled her eyes.

"You scared me!"

Mayu complained.

"There's nothing to be frightened of unless you did something you should not behind my back" Maki stated along with a cold gaze. "I.. I messed up the sweets actually. That's why I am muttering to find out how to fix" While blinking several times, Mayu lied through her teeth.

Meanwhile, on the other side, Mia hopped into a taxi promptly before someone caught her. She headed to the apartment which Mayu instructed. "Thanks" The young woman expressed gratitude to the taxi driver. Then she rushed into the apartment. "Hello" Mia greeted.

Since there was a counter right in front of the entrance, she could ask where her bodyguard was. "May I know where Lorcan lives at?" The young woman asked with a smile. The man at the counter nodded in response. "Please wait for a moment. I have to research"

He sheepishly beamed. "Oh, yes. Please continue" Without forcing the man, Mia allowed. Observing him flipping through the book to discover the room number. "Oh! Lorcan lives here. I never knew" the man quietly murmured. "Miss, may I know the relationship of you and him"

The man queried. "I am his friend, Mia Grace" the young woman truthfully answered. Earning a nod back from the man. He thought for some seconds to make a decision. Should he believe this young woman and respond? "Lorcan's room number is 070" he replied.

Bringing a smile up onto the face of the young woman. She believed it would take an hour to convince this man to trust her words. Turned out he did not even question anymore and let her know the truth. "Thank you" Mia grinned. She directed to the room promptly.

And she reached to there.

The 070 number plate was right in front of her sight. While inhaling a deep breath, the young woman pressed the button to ring the bell. But no response came up. The door remained locked. It confused Mia somehow. She rang the bell again patiently. Maybe he was sleeping.

Still, not even a movement occurred. It started to worry the young woman. What was happening on the other side of the door? Something was wrong. Mia lowered her head in concern. Not knowing what to do at the moment. She must be overthinking.

There was no way he was lying on the floor unconsciously. "Mia?" Suddenly, the male's voice echoed. Capturing the attention of the young woman fully so that she promptly looked up to the right side where voice came from. And she froze at the place. There he was.

Lorcan was standing a few meters far from her with the bags in his hands. Seemed like he came back from convenience store. At least, he was doing fine. Mia's eyes sparkled out of joy. Without even realizing herself, her steps moved on their own. Dashing towards the man.

And she wrapped her arms around the neck of the man with a smile tugged at her lips as she tiptoed to reach the height of the man. Mia literally went in for the embrace without awareness. Her actions surprised Lorcan entirely. He did not anticipate this situation.

The grip he was holding on the bags, tightened in shock as his eyes widened slightly. The warmth of her wrapped around him, pushing all the freezing breeze. The pleasant scent of the young woman permeated into his sense, feeling like her fragrance brought his life back.

'This feels like being alive again'

Every each pain he endured by himself alone in the room suddenly vanished just with the tight hug from Mia. How should he describe this feeling? Delight? Love? Like? Joy? Lorcan's adam's apple moved up and down. His eyes shut as he inhaled a deep breath.

He obviously was restraining himself back from hugging the young woman back. He had to stay loyal. He had to swallow this urge. "I was worried about you, Lorcan. I just found out the truth yesterday" Mia muttered. Breaking the hug as she held the man's arms firmly.

"Where is the wound? Does it hurt really bad? Does it still bleed when you touch the injury? Do you want to pay visit to hospital? What do you want to do right now? Do you want me to apologize for causing this incident?" unceasingly, Mia questioned in worries.

Her eyes shifted from head to toes of the man. Checking where he was injured. But Lorcan stared down at her in tranquility. His eyes turned soft. The way the young woman asked in list with concerned tone, reminded him about the situation he was in before. They two felt same.

Quietly, Lorcan gazed Mia.