Chapter 15 - Communication

GABBY  -

I couldn't sleep. Thoughts of the day replayed in my head. I curled up under the soft sheets and turned to look out of the huge windows of Paul's bedroom. I could barely see the moon through the thick clouds above the dense forest. It was a tranquil view but my mind was bouncing from one thing to another. I was so happy on the back of Paul's bike, holding him close to me. I relived the thrill and freedom of speeding through the forest down the winding roads. It didn't matter that I didn't know where he would take me. I felt safe with my arms wrapped around him. That was in contrast to the fear I felt later when I was locked in a cave while he fought other werewolves. I thought about precious little Bo and the danger Josiah was in. I fantasized like I did when I was a teenager. Visions of Paul as a father, and then as a lover. Then my hand slipped in between my thighs.

I bolted upright in the bed when I heard the knocks at my door. I could hear Paul on the other side asking to come in.

Um...I'm kinda in the middle of something.

"Come in!"

Ugh, I have no idea why I said that! I wasn't ready but I still wanted to see Paul. My heart fluttered as I moved to turn on the lamp on the nightstand. I just have to calm down and act normal. He probably just wanted to say goodnight. I pulled the sheets up to my chest and secured them under my armpits.

Yep totally natural

Paul walked in slowly, closing the door behind him by backing into it, never taking his eyes off of me. He was shirtless, wearing only pajama bottoms. The soft lamp light allowed me to see every crease of his firm abs. I inhaled deeply as I tried to keep my eyes on his face and not on his bare chest. But, with the seductive way he looked at me, I was having trouble keeping thoughts of touching him out of my mind. I noticed that he seemed tense and maybe a little eager too. He paused before speaking as if unsure of the right words to say. With his lips pressed tightly together as if he was restraining himself. My face felt hot and I'm sure my cheeks were bright red. I felt flustered under his intense gaze.

Did he hear me? No, I was quiet.

"Can I sit?" He motioned towards the bed and I nodded. In an instant, he was sitting down next to me. Looking at him when he was this close, I could still make out some bruising on his chest. I quickly looked down at my hands in my lap to avoid looking at the reminders of his skirmish earlier in the woods. I didn't like the thought of him fighting for his life while I sat around and waited for him. It scared me and made me feel helpless.

He noticed my eyes on his chest and my reluctance to look at him. He gently whispered, "I'm ok, I'll heal quickly." I raised my eyes slowly to meet his and gave a quick nod.

"I know everything between us has been moving fast," His hand grasped for the hand in my lap. He held it in both hands and slowly brought it up to his lips. "I know it all seems dangerous and scary right now." His eyes searched mine as he brushed his nose against my knuckles. "But... I want you. And I've waited too long for you, to waste any more time." Paul's gaze never wavered. "And... I want to make you mine. Are you ready for that?" At this point, he splayed my palm open with his thumb and slipped two of my fingertips into his mouth. A smile formed at the edge of his lips as he gently sucked them.

It was the same fingers that I...

My eyes widened and my breathing stopped.

Oh my God! He knows!

I yanked my hand free and jumped off the bed, forgetting that I only had the top half of my pajamas on.

"You!.. You heard me?!" I groaned.