Secret friend

"Okay, now. Try to let go of the railing and then walk off. I will catch if you fall down." The nurse said.

Y/n bit his lower lips and arched his eyebrows as he slowly let go of the support railings and slowly walks on his own.

He fell down almost immediately. The nurse and his family members quickly try to help him up. Y/n put up his hand and refused any help from anyone. He held on to the support railings and gradually pulled himself up.

Slowly, he gathered all his strength to pull himself up and stand up. He took a deep breath in and out, and then let go of the support railings. 
He finally was walking on his own!

The nurse congratulated him and clapped. His mother shed tears of joy and hugged him. Y/n smiled and laughed after seeing himself finally standing up.

——————————————————————————————————-

"Your legs might still be weak since it's not used to walking much often. So make sure to take a rest and walk when you feel like your legs are weak." The doctor said, looking at his reports.

The doctor then thought for awhile and looked at him. "I recommend you continue using the wheelchair until your legs have fully rehabilitated. Meanwhile continue to train your leg muscles. That's all, come back in a month and we will look at your leg's condition."

Y/n and his parents thanked the doctor and they left the hospital.

"To celebrate you finally being able to walk on your own. Me and your mom will go and buy your favourite fried chicken for you!" His father said.

Y/n cheered. As his parents went to buy the friend chicken, he decided to go around the streets slowly. It's been long time since he's been out of the house, he thought.

Y/n held on to his wheelchair and slowly walked around. "Walking had never felt so nice." He smiled, in thoughts. He tried standing up for awhile before feeling his legs straining and sat down on the wheelchair heavily.

Suddenly, his phone received a call. Curious, he decided to answer it, in case it was someone he knew.

As soon as he answered the call, he heard a voice of a girl crying and saying, "Mom!!! I don't think I can continue doing this... I feel like giving up." The girl continued crying for awhile until Y/n said, "I'm sorry but I think you got the wrong number."

There was an awkward silence and then the voice of the girl replied, "I'm sorry." And then the call was hung up.

Y/n was surprised by this happening, the girl seems to be going through a rough time and was looking for some words of comfort or encouragement from her mom.

He then send a text message to that number,

'Hey, it seems like you are going through something difficult right now and needed someone to talk to.'

'Don't give up on whatever you are doing! Persevere and things will go well soon. :)'

He added a smiley face, hoping that it will make him seem friendly. A read sign appeared under the message sent.

Soon, the girl replied.

Unknown: 'Thank you.'