▪︎20▪︎

"Where were you?"

"Where were you?"

Your mom questioned you holding in her anger, but it was no mystery that it could burst any minute.

"I was doing some extra studying"

Her eyes lingered to the jacket which wrapped around your shoulders. The jacket belonged to no other the Renjun, your boyfriend.

He had placed the jacket on you despite your refusal, but truthfully you were happy to have it. You just didn't realize how a jacket would fuel her anger until she ripped it off your shoulder.

That jacket was enough to excuse her anger. She didn't believe you in the slightest. No surprise though as this is how she always treated you.

"Studying huh? Where did you get this jacket then?"

"From a friend, we were studying together. I forgot to bring another jacket so he let me borrow his"

"Oh really? Is it the same guy Miyoung saw you with yesterday? Or a you just some whore who likes to pleasure random boys?"

You were right to worry, Miyoung was really only problems for you. You should've realized what would have been the consequences of you leaving.

But even though you knew she had a huge influence on your mom you didn't expect it to be in that way.

"He was just walking me home"

Your mom rolled her eyes throwing the jacket on the floor and leaving the house. The door slammed shut making the whole house shake.

Though you were glad her questioning was over, you had more to fear. Your mom viewed you even worst. And it probably would only only worst from there on out.

Moreover you felt obligated to let go of Renjun. It would only make the situation worst, but more worrisome you didn't want him to get in harms way.

▪︎ ▪︎ ▪︎

The next school day went fine.

There wasn't much for you to worry over other than Miyoung's occasional glares.

Or what you presumed to be her still being mad at you for who knows what.

You were beginning to distance yourself with Miyoung despite knowing what the aftermath would likely be. She was manipulative, but at this point you've decided to move past it.

You tried ignoring her manipulative ways, but there is still a chance you could fall down the rabbit hole. That being said she was still constantly trying to get to your side.

From your understanding there was no reason for her to. She didn't even care for what she did on Saturday and painted herself as a victim.

Sometimes you would overhear her talking to her friends explaining what happened, but it was far from the truth.

All of her words were lies. There were things you couldn't even recall because they didn't happen.

You would listen along wondering why she described you so horribly or why she would say all those things in front of you.

From a young age you always listened to her and apologized for things you didn't even do. So when you heard the things she said about you, you could never understand why she hated you.

And even if she wanted you dead, you couldn't find it within you to hate her back. At one point in your life she had been your best friend.

Though you can longer say that, it hurt knowing if nothing had changed back then it would've all been fine.

You sometimes wonder why she had to change or what made her because you always had great memories of her.

Perspective has always been different though, while you viewed her with admiration, she saw you as pest.

The sad thing is she never had a change of heart, she has viewed the same since she first ever met you.

From a young age she saw you on a lower level and took advantage of you.

Because she was on a higher class, she belonged somewhere better. With her own kind of people.

She belittled you for having alcoholics as parents and constantly put you down for things you would never be able to control.

And time and time again you found yourself begging for her forgiveness. Asking for some type of mercy which would never arrive.

Generously enough, she had planned on stopping, but now she liked feeling in control. Whether she was playing around with your fragile heart or breaking things you love, she was having the time of her life.

And stopping wasn't part of her next plan. Her very next one would put everyone in shock, but sadly this time the ball won't be in her court.