▪︎1▪︎

"Chips? Oh I can buy us some, just give me a second"

You didn't have much time on your hands, and you still had to finish your homework after finishing Miyoung's.

You tried to focus on the English assignment, ignoring the loud groups of people.

Focusing too hard wasn't ever good for you, usually resulting to migraines and even nausea.

But you couldn't let that stop you.

"Hey Y/N, can I borrow some money?"

Miyoung took the seat across from your lunch table. She flashed a small smile watching you write on the piece of paper.

"I don't have much-"

"Please, you know how much I care about you, I would do the same and lend you money if you needed me to"

You grabbed your bag hesitantly and nodded grabbing the last bit of money.

How would you go home without any money left?

You put the thought aside even though your heart felt heavy, you shouldn't be selfish and keep the money to yourself. That's what you always told yourself.

You handed it over to Miyoung who left without even a simple, 'thanks'

You put down your bag and picked up the pencil again.

You had to finish Miyoung's homework it was the least you could do after you accidentally hurting her feelings by mentioning your grades.

▪︎▪︎▪︎

"Are you going to take the bus, today? I was thinking we could stop by at your house, I haven't seen my aunt and uncle for a while"

Miyoung walked along your side as you exited the school.

"I would it's just I don't have any money"

"Oh I'm sorry, I shouldn't have asked for money. You could've just said no"

Miyoung's voice started to crack , and her eyes filled with tears.

"No I'm sorry, it's my fault. I should've brought more money. You go on the bus, I'll walk, I'll meet you there"

Miyoung wiped the tears that from her eyes and walked towards the bus.

You waved a small bye to her even though she didn't. Why did you never consider anyone else?

▪︎▪︎▪︎

You walked up the stairs and grabbed out your key to unlock the door, but you didn't know it would already be open.

You stepped inside noticing Miyoung sitting at the table with your parents. They had the table set up with sliced fruits and some fresh lemonade your mother made.

"Oh Y/N your home"

Miyoung waved at you and flashing a big smile.

You smiled back before noticing the look on your parents face. The smile disappearing as you neared the table.

"Y/N, how could you let Miyoung walk home and you take the bus?"

You were frozen by the sudden confrontation. If you had taken the bus, you would have arrived first.

"Well Y/N?" Your dad spoke up as you hadn't responded to your mom.

"No, it was me I offered Y/N to take the bus, I know she gets sick easily"

"That's no excuse, you're her cousin, she should have respect and let you go on the bus instead"

You held back the tears as you heard your parents yell at you for no apparent reason.

"I'm sorry, I shouldn't be so inconsiderate"

"Why are you crying Y/N, you have no right to cry when your the one hurting Miyoung"

You wiped your tears quickly upon hearing your dad's words.

"I'm so sorry Miyoung, we'll deal with Y/N, I know your job starts soon"

You looked back at your mom who let Miyoung go.

After hearing the door close, you could see the disappointment in your parents eyes.

"Why aren't you more like Miyoung?"