▪︎9▪︎

You didn't hear anything in the morning

You didn't hear anything in the morning. You assumed your parents drank last night and were still asleep, but they might have just left. Often they would just leave out of nowhere so it would he no surprise if they had.

But it was hard to sleep last night as you spent the whole night worrying over your parents opinions.

They were already disappointed in you so what was the point of trying to change it.

All your life you couldn't change it so why try to now? 

It constantly bothered you, but you know your parents just don't like you. They don't change their opinions once they make them.

You walked out the house and locked the door. You had expected Renjun to be outside, but when he wasn't there you decided you would just walk until you saw him.

If he was on his way anyways he would certainly take the same route as yesterday as the other side of your neighborhood was a dead end.

For now you just placed in your earbuds and listened to some of your favorite artists like IU.

Soon enough halfway through your neighborhood Renjun spotted you walking.

He had planned on coming earlier, but ended up being late after being stopped by Miyoung.

Had he know Miyoung lived nearby he would've come sooner. Perhaps earlier since she wouldn't be up so early.

"Are you just going to walk past me like I'm nothing?"

Renjun joked as you still had your earbuds in place and almost completely ignored his presence.

He let a small smile out as he pulled out one of your earbuds.

"You know I'm talking to you right?"

"Yes, but couldn't I finish the song in peace?"

He scoffed as he grabbed your phone to check the song you so badly needed to hear over him.

"Palette are you serious? I mean at least you could be listening to Lilac"

"I see no problem with the song, it might be old, but it's still a classic"

▪︎ ▪︎ ▪︎

There was this strange feeling lingered inside your heart as you made small conversation with Renjun walking to class.

It didn't seem or feel like anyone was constantly staring but you knew one person would be.

She could be watching your every move wish, wish you didn't come to school, or didn't exist at all.

For some reason you couldn't even bring yourself to walk into the classroom with him.

There was nothing between you too, but what was true didn't matter. What if they judged you? What if she did?

"I'll be back, I'm gonna get some food do you want any?"

You tried to excuse yourself knowing you didn't even have that much cash, but you couldn't bare the thought of it all.

Walking home wouldn't bother you and it's not like you didn't walk home every other day.

So you were willing to use up some money, anything to keep you sane.

"Sure, can you buy me some chips?"

He asked pulling out a couple dollars and you nodding and taking them from him.

You had been willing to pay for anything he asked, but it was just another reminder Renjun wasn't as cold as he seemed.

You walked to the small store and picked out the chips Renjun asked for as well as some chocolate milk.

After paying for the items you felt the anxious feeling go away, but it still lingered in the back of your mind.

They watched you walk into school with him. She watched you.

Why was it tearing your mind apart?

How could this small little thought have a huge effect?

There should be no reason for you to react in such away. That's what everyone would tell you if they knew the fight going on in your head.

If Renjun knew how you were inside he too would leave you like everyone else. He wouldn't want to talk with or even sit by your side, but at the same time he was waiting for you outside the classroom.

"Is everything alright?