▪︎10▪︎

"Is everything alright?"

He called out to you again his voice sounding more worried and his eyes furrowed as he didn't receive a response.

"Oh yeah, I was just lost in thought" You whispered to yourself, but Renjun still made out the words.

He only nodded knowing something wasn't adding up.

And maybe he hadn't known you for long, but he still had a good sense for those type of things. He understood it more than most.

But for now he let it pass by not wanting to start anything. He wouldn't ask later despite wanting to know. He knew the type of relationship you both had wasn't close anyways.

He kept his distance from you as you entered the class. It's not that he didn't want to be seen with you though if it was it would have been pointless at this point, but because he saw the way your hands would shake each time you came closer to the classroom.

"Y/N" Miyoung called your name.

She gave a smile and motioned you to come closer. To your surprise it didn't look like she was mad at you or disappointed in your choices. Hopefully she didn't hate the fact that you were running too.

"Iseul and I were wondering if you and Renjun have chosen what type of campaign you would use? We just don't want to do anything too similar"

She tilied her head waiting for your answer. You began to stutter wondering if Renjun would be alright with you answering. You didn't want to do anything without his permission.

You would glance at Renjun wondering if he noticed your nerves or expressions spread on your face. Would it be alright if you made a decision for the both of you?

"Actually, we haven't decided on what type of campaign. I would let you know, but I'm going to be kinda busy"

The courage you gathered was almost unbearable. The words basically flowed out of your mouth and you couldn't even stop it. Your heart was jumping out of your chest and you could only pray it didn't show to Miyoung and Iseul.

"Oh that's alright than, I was just wondering"

You gave a small smile and held your hand within the other. Though, you couldn't say it helped much. Even under the pressure you put between your arms it was all still too much for it to stay still.

The thoughts wouldn't go away either, crumbling you inside out.

Did you just defy Miyoung?

▪︎ ▪︎ ▪︎

"That will be all for today, remember to come prepared to set up your campaigns tomorrow"

"Yes ma'am"

The teacher left the classroom and students began packing their bags. One by one they exited leaving only you and Renjun.

Renjun who had been asleep all day still remained asleep and you who was trying to complete your last piece of homework.

It wouldn't be long before you finished and began to pack your bag as well. Renjun though continued to sleep unbothered by the world around him.

He was so peacefully asleep, the gentle sound of him breathing and his breathtaking visuals as he had his face lying your direction.

You wondered how it would feel to get a peaceful rest. Even at home you weren't able to as worries would always came first, but watching Renjun you couldn't believe how majestic sleeping could be.

Would it be so bad if you tried to sleep as well?

You brushed the thought away remembering the stacks of work you still had to finish. Maybe another day.

It was only one excuse after all, but one of the thousands you have made against your own well being. 

So what if you just sat down and rested? Don't you think you deserve it?

Even if it was only for a moment for some reason sitting by Renjun brought you the comfort you needed.

The thought slipped away from your mind once a message showed up on your screen.

Mom
I'll be home in a hour make sure food is ready.

Her message answered your question from earlier as she must've left early for work. Meaning she would be angry and tried once she was home.

Having no choice you grabbed your bag and exited the classroom. You forgot all about the need to rest and Renjun who despite the convincing act was awake the whole time.