CHAPTER 20

Kaden

Everyone was asleep, but I wasn't, I couldn't knowing my mom was still sick and dying. I looked to my side and noticed Blake holding Ava in her arms sleeping. I smiled and kissed her head, I gently threw my legs off of the bed and got up.

Mama has already called the fairies and after a long call they finally accepted to hold a meeting with us.

I walked through the long corridors deep in my thoughts, I found myself in front of my parents room. I knocked gently and a few seconds later mama opened the door. Her red hair was in a messy bun and she wrapped her gown around her body.

"Kaden? What's wrong?" She asked in a whisper so she won't wake up mama Blaze.

"I- I wanted to talk to mom..." I said slowly, she nodded her head and opened the door fully for me to walk inside.

"She's sitting in the balcony" she whispered going back to the bed next to mama Blaze. I slid the balcony door open and mom was sitting on one of the chairs looking at the sky.

"Hey baby..." She whispered patting the seat next to her, I noticed her leg was still in a bandage and I felt guilt rush over me, I hurt her.

"How's your face?" She said chuckling, I touched my face and felt the small bumps of the scars. I smiled and sat next to her.

"How's your leg?" I said back, she nodded her head and laughed rolling her eyes.

"Mom, I- I'm sorry... I didn't know what came over me" I played with my fingers ashamed and unable to look her in the face.

"I get it, you had a moment thinking you could win the fight...I let you think you could win" she said chuckling, I laughed and rubbed my hands together in nervousness. She wrapped her arm around my shoulder and pulled me closer to her chest kissing the top of my head.

"I don't want you to die mom... I- I still need you..." I whispered feeling tears on my cheeks, I can heart her calm and steady heartbeats and that made me feel relaxed. Relaxed because heartbeat means life...

"Maybe if I wasn't such a weak person, physically and emotionally, I would have prevented so many things..." I said crying,

"...if only I had some self control in me" I whispered feeling her hand caress my shoulder in a loving way making me feel even more guilty.

"It's okay to feel vulnerable, it's okay to feel helpless, it's okay to feel weak because there's always someone to help you, there will always be someone to make you feel strong...Whether it's your mate or your family" she whispered kissing my head again, I felt my eyes grow heavy and I knew I was falling asleep. I can finally get some rest...

Dumitra

We were on our way to the fairies land, I wasn't excited to go, first because my mate is very sick and second the queen and I have a really bad history. Blaze stayed at home to take care of Meave, so it was me, Kate and Kaden and of course our guards.

"Why can't Konan come?" Kaden asked annoyed, I gave her an "are you serious" look and she just shrugged her shoulders.

"I'll be very bored without him" she mumbled, I rolled my eyes at her and looked out of the window again.

"Your majesty, we're here" the driver said, I nodded and got ready to get out of the car. The door opened and the familiar castle was in my view, it had more flowers and trees than the last time. Two fairy guards escorted us inside, Kaden was by my side while Kate followed after us. We were taken to the main room, it's a huge room where the queen holds meetings.

"It's so cute" Kaden whispered looking at the flowers growing all over the walls.

"Yeah the queen likes nature" I replied, she gave me an amused look and I sighed.

"How do you know what the queen likes?" Kate asked catching up to what Kaden was about to say. I chose to ignore them and just walked through the doors.

"Her majesty Queen Dumitra!" One of the guards announced, here we go. I walked inside and the queen was standing at the head of the table with a death glare. Her kids and ministers were standing waiting for me to get closer to the table.

"Tiana.... It's been a while" I said nodding to her out of respect. I felt something crawl up my leg and I looked down to see long branches wrapped around my legs and torso until I was fully wrapped, she pulled me up and I couldn't touch the floor anymore. I sighed, not again...

She walked closer to me and looked up at me with an angry look, I just gave her a sheepish smile.

"This isn't a way to welcome your guest, Tiana" I said making her groan,

"You are lucky I accepted this, Dumitra. After all you've done!" She said making me roll my eyes,

"I didn't do anything wrong Tiana, we agreed on no feelings and you didn't stick to the rules" I said in a matter of fact. She made her weird tree branches let go of me and I fell to the ground.

"Ouch..." I mumbled dusting my clothes, I heard a chuckle behind me and I glared at Kaden and Kate who found this very entertaining.

"Let's get this meeting over with so you can leave" Tiana said going back to her seat, I sat down and Kaden sat on my right and Kate on my left.

"I came here today to ask you a favor Tiana... My mate is very ill and I need your help. Her family was cursed by a fairy and I need you to help me cure her. She's done nothing wrong to your kind and the war has ended centuries ago." I explained, one of her male ministers was glaring at me in hatred, ah yes, he was in love with Tiana the time I was with her.

"My queen, this is unacceptable!" He interrupted,

"Sit. Down" she ordered him and he scoffed and did as she said. I smirked at him and turned my attention back to Tiana.

"Go on..."

***************************

Hello! I hope you have a great day!

-S