Chapter 8: Our Journey Starts Today!

Start from the beginning

"Looks like their journey has finally started" Delia said.

"Mime" Mimey said with a nod.

Ash and Serena decided to stop by Oak's lab really quick to say goodbye. Professor Oak wished them good luck. All of Ash's Pokemon said their goodbyes in their own unique ways. However, one Pokemon was missing from the group. Ash and Serena were just about to enter Route 1 when Ash heard a familiar cry. He looked behind him to see an all too familiar fire type.

"Infernape? What are you doing here?"

"Nape, Infernape" Infernape said as he held out his Poke Ball in his hand.

Ash was a little surprised at first but smiled.

"You want to come with us?" Ash asked.

Infernape nodded. Ash turned to the others, all of whom nodded as well. Greninja was a little hesitant at first, given what happened with Blaziken, but something was telling him that Infernape wasn't like that. Greninja decided to give him a chance. Plus if the stories Ash told him about Infernape were true, he would make an excellent sparring partner. Ash grabbed Infernape's Poke Ball.

"Well then, let's go" Ash said as he recalled Infernape. After going into his ball, Ash placed it on his belt. With that, the group continued their trip to the airport.

***

The group finally arrived at the airport and made their way to their designated plane. Ash and Serena had to recall Greninja Delphox and Sylveon until they got off the plane. The two went to the ticket booth to show them their tickets and a few minutes later they boarded. However, to their surprise, Ash and Serena were lead to a special seating area of the plane that was only meant for them. Before they could ask why, it clicked. 'Diantha' Ash thought. They were also told they could let out their Pokemon as long as they weren't too big and/or heavy. After a little bit of waiting, the plane started to ascend. It was going to be a 12 hour flight, so by the time they land it'll be really early in the morning. Fortunately, the area they were staying had all they needed. It had two rows of seats with a small couch nearby, an HD TV, a mini fridge with various non-alcoholic drinks, a few gaming systems and an oval shaped rug that was probably meant for the Pokemon. Ash and Serena had stars in their eyes as they observed it all. They let their Pokemon who also had excited facial expressions.

Throughout the flight the group enjoyed themselves. Ash and Serena decided to watch a movie, one that made Serena cry. It was about a lonely robot who was programmed to clean up all the garbage on Earth until he met another robot and the two fell in love.

Pikachu was talking with Sylveon, telling her the story of how he and Ash met and became partners.

Pancham was stuffing his face with the food that was in the mini-fridge.

Infernape, Greninja and Delphox were sitting together, the latter two listening while Infernape told them stories about his and Ash's battles during their time in Sinnoh. Greninja was also watching Infernape carefully to make sure he wasn't trying to flirt with Delphox, which he wasn't. Infernape was well aware of their relationship, as he secretly watched the fight between Greninja and Blaziken, and knew Greninja would most likely mess him up good if he tried to flirt too. But he had no romantic interest in her anyway so it didn't matter.

Ash and Serena eventually fell asleep, as did the others, except for a certain water type. Greninja was looking out the window, staring at the dark ocean bellow.

"I know you're a water type and all, but does the ocean really fascinate you that much?"

Greninja looked behind him and saw Infernape approaching him. Greninja faced the window again.