12. Second Chances

Start from the beginning

"Calum..." I shake my head not finding the words. He doesn't realize how badly I truly want to be with him.

"Don't. You don't have to say anything to try and make this better." He found my hand and intertwined our fingers together.

My other hand finds his face and I gently brush my fingertips across his cheeks, "I will never find a person more perfect for me than you."

If the two of us had a normal lifestyle the best thing for us to do would be avoid each other until the lingering feelings we have are gone. But we don't live a normal lifestyle, therefore we've made an unspoken agreement to just work through this together.

The hardest part about this all is having to remind myself that it's for the best. That thought becomes so difficult because I start to analyze and make sense of if it really is for the best or if I'm just wasting the time that we still have together.

"Neither will I." He agrees and places his hand on top of mine that is still tracing his skin. "It's for the better though. Right Paige?"

It pains me to say it out loud, but I do for his sake, "Yeah."

It's dark on the tour bus but there is a faint light peeking through, giving us just enough to see the outline of each other.

My hand moves into his hair bringing him closer so that he can rest his head on my chest. He situates himself so that he doesn't fully place all of his weight on me, but just enough so that we can still be comfortable with the other.

"Did you know that the blonde streaks are my favorite hair you've had so far?" I bring up a light change of topic. My fingers gently brush through his curls and I swear this moment is the most peaceful I've ever seen either of us be.

His arm wraps around my stomach and rests on my waist as a way of bringing us even closer. I could lay here forever with him.

"Did you know that your blonde is my favorite hair you've had so far?" He jokes.

"Cal, my hair has only ever been blonde." I laugh at how he completely avoided my compliment to fool around. These boys have always been good at that.

They take a tough situation and make it light hearted. Whether that's through their music or making jokes.

Calum closes his eyes and breathes deeply in and out. I try to take in this moment between us as much as possible. We hardly have any time to be this way together.

As much as I want to try and stay awake now, I'm finding it impossible to keep my eyes open. I'm too comfortable and warm to move Calum off of me and move back to my own bunk so I choose to stay here for the night. Even if I wanted to move back, I wouldn't want to disturb Calum from how obviously secure he feels right now.

I've never felt more safe than in his arms. He makes me feel as if all of the problems I am going through right now are no match against what the two of us have.

"Thank you for giving me a second chance Paige." Calum mumbles making my eyelids shoot open.

"What do you mean?" I say not stopping the movements of my hands in his hair.

"Most people wouldn't want to stay friends after being so vulnerable with a person they were dating, but you're still here." My heart beats faster with every word he speaks, I'm afraid he might be able to feel it.

"I think it's obvious that the two of us are a lot more than just friends, whatever that means." I say what both of us are thinking. "I'll give you, us, a second chance no matter the circumstances Cal. I promise."

Calum lifts his head up from my chest making my hand fall from his hair. He places a soft kiss onto my forehead and reinstates his position on my chest, "Thank you Paige."

"Thank you." I take a beat to think my words through. "For being so good about this. I don't know how my life turned out this way. It's as if it turned upside down the moment I met you."

"Mine got better the moment I met you."

No one knows what my childhood was like for me growing up, except for the parents who made it so terrible. Calum doesn't know this now, but I know for certain that my life changed for the better because he's in it.

A/N
So cute :,)

Who's your favorite 5sos dog? Mines moose
moose <3

Do we want more spaced out updates or frequent? lmk!

Have a great day loves!!