6

Seokjin walked into Jimin's bedroom to check on the progress Yoongi and Jimin had made in painting it. "Well..." He looked at the walls that had already been completed, "you certainly picked the darkest of the black tones, didn't you?"

Yoongi shrugged, glancing over at Jimin who was resting against the stepladder he'd been using to reach the higher points of the wall. "It's what he picked."

The omega hummed, trying not to let his distaste show as he believed that the teen should be allowed to express himself in any way he seemed fit. "It's definitely...interesting." He clapped his hands together as he looked back at his mate. "I'm gonna go get started on dinner."

"He doesn't like it." Jimin stated as soon as Seokjin exited the room.

"What?!" Yoongi exclaimed, turning to the teen. "No! He totally loves it!"

Jimin shrugged, dipping his paint brush in the 'dark kettle black' paint once more. "You know him better than I do."

Yoongi tugged a fresh shirt over his head after finishing up Jimin's room, entering the kitchen where Seokjin was just finishing up their meal. "Hey, did you get all finished?"

The alpha hummed. "And he loves it."

"Great!" Seokjin exclaimed. "I'm so glad that he loves his black bedroom." Yoongi grabbed some dishes from the cabinet and moved to set the table as the omega cleared his throat. "I'm gonna register Taehyung and Jungkook at Mountain Oak in the morning." Yoongi hummed at the mention of the elementary school that they two had agreed on due to reputation and distance from their house. "And then you can take Jimin to the high school. Did you see their shoes? We might want to take them to the mall tomorrow."

As Seokjin brought dinner to the table, Yoongi inclined his head towards the hallway. "Come on, pups! It's time for dinner!"

"Oh my god, that sounds so crazy coming out of your mouth!" Seokjin exclaimed, still not used to the fact that they were officially parents. "Do we actually have pups now?"

"Yeah, three of them."

"Holy shit~" Seokjin mumbled under his breath, taking a couple of deep breaths to work through his processing. "I love you." He then told his mate, pulling him in for a kiss that was quickly broken by a chorus of 'eww's. They turned to see Taehyung and Jungkook in the doorway, giggling at the sight of the couple.

Jungkook started bouncing when he realized the two were now looking at them. "Kiss again! Kiss again!"

Yoongi turned to his mate and shrugged. "You heard the pup." He wrapped his arms around Seokjin's waist and pulled him in for another kiss, trying not to laugh when the two pups started voicing out their apparent disgust at the display.

The cycle of begging for kisses and promptly being disgusted continued and that was the sight Jimin walked in on, a soft smile appearing on his face at the sight of his siblings being so happy.

"Alright, giggly pants," Seokjin finally said, pulling a chair out at the table. "Time to sit down. Who's ready for some burgers?"

"Can we have honey twists?" Jungkook asked as he climbed into his chair, Jimin now joining the others at the table.

Yoongi and Seokjin followed Jungkook as he ran back down the hall to his room. "I think it's time we get ready for a bath!" Seokjin called out in a gentle voice. "Who wants to go first?"

As Seokjin stepped into the pups' room, Yoongi decided to take a quick bathroom break before it was monopolized by the pups. He opened the room, only for Jimin to quickly rewrap the towel he had been removing back around his room. "Knock much?!"

"I am so sorry!" Yoongi exclaimed as he slammed the door closed, running off to his and Seokjin's bedroom to their en suite.

Jimin finally exited the bathroom a few minutes later, towel drying his hair as he walked to his room. Jungkook ran out of his bedroom in nothing but his Thomas the Tank Engine underwear, running straight to the bathroom for his bath. He promptly ran back out, Holly at his heels, to grab his favorite teddy bear to join him. "I don't think that's a bath toy." Seokjin informed him, but the pup was adamant about his friend getting clean.

It wasn't much later that Jungkook threw the bear out into the hallway, crying about how he didn't want it.

Jungkook spent more of his bath splashing water out of the tub than actually getting clean, which led to Yoongi and Seokjin having to quickly dry the floor before Taehyung could go shower. Once all the pups were bathed, all three were in the bathroom to brush their teeth, Taehyung and Jungkook fighting over who got to stand in front of the sink while Jimin just paced around behind them, only coming up to the sink when he needed to spit or rinse.

When they finally got around to trying to tuck the two younger pups into bed, they suddenly had to pee, resulting in it being another half hour before the couple was finally turning the lights out and closing the door on them.

"No matter what we do, Sanghun just wants to stay in his room all day." Duri explained during the foster parent support group Seokjin and Yoongi had decided to take part in with their former classmates in the foster parent training program. "Talking on his phone, swearing, taking the Lord's name in vain, and cranking his explicit music at all hours of the night. And he got into another fight at school!"

Hayun nodded in sadness. "Thankfully he didn't injure one of the other kindergarteners."

"I think maybe it's okay for a five-year-old to have a cell phone," Byeongho, one of the two beta trainers started, "but does he have a lot of contacts on it?"

"We tried to take it," Duri said, "but his birth mother gave it to him and if we touch it..."

"Okay..." Hojin, the other beta, looked over the group. "Yoongi and Seokjin, you took in three pups ten days ago, one of which is already presented."

Yoongi nodded. "Yeah, it's going pretty good. I think our pups made us realize just what kind of a rut we were in before."

"Not really a rut." Seokjin corrected. "Just the same old routine. Work, go to the gym, grab dinner, drinks, the movies. You guys know what I mean." The group laughed at Seokjin's words.

"I think he's trying to say that we needed a new challenge." Yoongi spoke up in defense of his mate. "Something to break up the monotony."

"That's not the only thing they're gonna break." One of the other parents said, the rest of the group once again laughing.

Seokjin let out a few laughs himself. "I know everyone's going through some tough stuff, but these pups, I think they're just really good. We got lucky." The group laughed yet again.

"I don't get what's so funny." Yoongi said, looking around at everyone in confusion and frustration.

Hojin was the one to respond to Yoongi. "I think they might be recognizing a little bit of a honeymoon period."

"We thought of that!" Seokjin informed them. "But it honestly doesn't feel like a period!" More laughter filled the room. "I mean, it's not perfect! Jungkook won't eat anything but honey twists."

"And we have a plan to work on that too." Yoongi added on. "We're not saying we're perfect parents-"

"Are you sure?" The other parent's comment brought yet another round of laughter out of the support group.

"Y'all can just admit you're jealous!" Yoongi decided to make a joke of his own. "That's not a good trait guys."