"Shit, I didn't realize I was supposed to be dressed for our meeting," I said. Then my hand flew over my mouth, just realizing I had cussed in front of my boss. This was going to be a long fucking day. Mr. Barrett chuckled.

"Our flight is 6 hours and the meeting isn't until 4pm so you can swing by the hotel and get dressed. I'll start the meeting without you and I can fill you in when you get there."

I gave him a small smile as I grabbed my carry on bag and made my way to the gate attendant. I handed her my ticket and felt a hand at the small of my back. I turned around to find Mr. Barrett grinning down at me. I slithered out of his touch and made my way through the boarding bridge.

We got on the plane and found our seats. Mr. Barrett helped me load my carry-on bag into the overhead bin and took his seat next to me. Before he could even start talking I put in my headphones and turned on my audio book. I drifted into some much needed sleep before our flight even took off.

I woke up to the sound of the pilot announcing that we will be landing in Seattle in about 15 minutes. I glanced over at Mr. Barrett who was scrolling away on his phone, his knee touching mine. Once he noticed I was awake he reached over and gave me a smile and my thigh a squeeze. I shot him another warning glance that was ignored yet again.

The flight attendants made an announcement to fasten our seatbelts again since we will be landing promptly.

*****

Once we landed and exited the plane we grabbed our luggage and met Mr. Barrett's driver outside the airport.

"We'll be dropping Darcy off at the hotel. Then you can take me to Bishop Inc." The driver nodded. It was a short drive to the hotel. I exited the car and walked to the check in desk.

"We should have a reservation under Matthew Barrett and Darcy Miller," I said smiling to the receptionist.

"Yes, here's your booking. The two of you will be staying in room 307," She replied as she handed me a key card over the counter.

"Wait, you said the two of us? He only booked one room?"

"Yes ma'am. One room with two queen beds," She responded, still smiling.

"I'm sorry but can I actually book an additional room? You can put it on the credit card Barrett has on file."

"Oh, sure. Here you are, you will be in room two-thirty-six," She said, handing me another key card.

"Thank you so much," I replied over my shoulder as I made my way toward the elevator.

That slimy fucker. I shook my head while I chuckled. The situation wasn't necessarily funny, but he was becoming desperate and that was funny to me.

I stepped out of the elevator and walked to my room. Using the key card I unlocked the door and headed straight for the shower. Once I was done I styled my long hair into a sleek low ponytail. I did minimal makeup like usual, I applied black mascara to my long lashes and a berry colored gloss to my lips.

I chose a long sleeved black dress. It had a classy square neckline and was fitted over my hips, the hem stopping above my knees. I chose an open toe nude heel to wear with it and put on a dainty gold necklace. I looked in the mirror, satisfied with how I looked, I grabbed my clutch and left my room. I dialed our driver's number and told him I was ready. He appeared at the front of the hotel just a few minutes later.

When we arrived I stepped out of the car and took a look at the impressive building. I didn't have time last night or this morning to look at the merger drafts Mr. Barrett gave to me yesterday so I wasn't sure what Bishop Inc. did for business. But they seemed to be wildly successful based on their massive office building. I entered through the revolving doors into the lobby and walked to the front desk.

The lobby was grand to say the least, beautiful marble floors and walls. The room was accented by emerald green and gold furniture. Above me hung a massive chandelier.

"Hi, I'm here for the meeting between Barrett Enterprise and Bishop Inc.," I told the kind looking receptionist semi-confidently.

The woman at the front desk told me the meeting was being held in the conference room on the top floor. Once again, I entered another elevator and pressed the button for the top floor. The floor numbers on the panel went from basement to sixty, putting my sixth floor office to shame.

Inside the elevator was reflective gold paneling so I used it to reapply some lip gloss and brushed any speck of lint off of my black dress.

When I arrived at the top floor I looked at the directory hanging on the wall. The conference room was to the right at the end of the hall. My heels clicked along the marble as the door came into view. A muscular man in a black dress shirt and well fitting black dress pants stood blocking the door.

"I'm Darcy Miller. Mr. Barrett's accountant."

The man nodded and opened the double doors, stepping to the side allowing me to enter. I walked in and noticed Mr. Barrett, who stood and walked over to me.

"Darcy! So glad you made it. I'd like to introduce you to Colton Bishop, the CEO of Bishop Inc."

I turned around and extended my hand, my gaze met by a broad muscular chest in a perfectly tailored navy suit.

"Hi! My name is Darcy Miller. It's a pleasure to meet you." My gaze traveled up his chest to his face, where I met his eyes. My jaw dropped.

I was looking into the same hazel eyes I had dreamed about so many times before.