"How much do you make at the animal clinic?" Derek asked, raising an eyebrow.

"Minimum wage," he mumbled.

"That's why," he said, shrugging. "Everyone can be tempted, Scott — even a True Alpha."

Scott looked between the money and Derek, who took Willow's hand to hold as she relaxed into his side. He thought he'd be getting a much more extreme reaction than this, especially because he'd been hoarding the money for weeks. "You're not angry?"

"It's not even mine," Derek stated. "It belongs to Peter."

"Where's your money?" Scott asked, frowning.

"You're standing on it."

Scott looked down at the ground with wide eyes. "There's another vault?" he asked in an amazed whisper.

Derek couldn't help but laugh and shake his head. "No, I own the building." Though there were a few other Hale vaults scattered around the world. "And I have my own bank accounts. All the money from the vault was Peter's. I think we'd actually be better off if the rest never came back."

"I mean, Peter probably wouldn't be better off," Willow stated. He'd be glad to know they managed to recover some of it.

Scott didn't leave for school right away, and Derek looked at him expectantly, knowing he had more to say. "I know Lydia was here last night."

They both noticed Willow hide her face in Derek's shoulder, not wanting them to see how upset she really was.

"Deaton's still working on figuring out what Kate did to you," Scott told him. "If anyone can find an answer, it's him."

"I know but I'm also not counting on it," Derek said, sighing. "I've also come to terms with the fact that this could be permanent."

And well, if he was going to be dying soon, it wouldn't really matter. He was coming to terms with that as well.

"You should probably leave for school, Scott," Willow said softly. "You guys have an early morning practice for the game against Devenford Prep tomorrow."

"Yeah, I'll make it," he said, shoving his hands in his pockets. But then he smiled sheepishly at Derek. "Actually, there was one more thing. Could I kind of ask a big favor?"

"What kind of favor?" Derek asked.

Scott's cheeks heated up, almost embarrassed to ask him. "Well, um, I haven't actually taken Kira out on a real date, yet. I've got an idea and was wondering if maybe I could use this place for it. Tonight?"

Derek chuckled, finding it funny how worked up Scott got over something so simple. "Sure. We'll clear out, and I'll let Braeden know to not drop by. She has a way of killing the mood."

"Like a human Scribbles?" Scott joked.

"They do get along," Willow noted, grinning. "But you and Kira! That's so exciting. First dates are always so much fun."

"Have you two ever even been on a date before?" Scott asked skeptically.

Derek scoffed and rolled his eyes in annoyance. "Yes, as a matter of fact. In between the kanimas and assassins and evil fox spirits and you all constantly interrupting us during our free time, I do take her out on dates."

"Right. Duh. Sorry," he said, scratching the back of his neck. But it wasn't his fault — it wasn't exactly easy picturing Derek Hale out for dinner and a movie. "What'd you guys do for your first date?"

"I took her to dinner after spending the afternoon at a craft fair she'd been talking about for weeks," Derek told him, smiling at the memory.

They didn't get around to having a real date until they got back together after the whole kanima business. The day was spent walking hand in hand, finally able to not worry about Gerard trying to kill Derek for showing his face in public.