Chapter 10

-Jack POV-

I got back from dinner with Megan and JJ and Hanah wasn't at home. I'm guessing she left but I hoped she would come back soon because i started worrying.

At dinner, JJ told me that Carter caught Sammy making out with Melissa in the bathroom that night. He didn't make anything of it but remember that she was my ex. So he told JJ.

It was JJ who overheard Sammy tell Melissa how he planned to break your trust with Hannah. So Melissa got Jack alone and kissed him while Sammy hid somewhere to get pictures. Sammy spread them to fans who posted them seconds later.

What a motherfucker right? Right.

I was actually happy that I didn't kiss Melissa and this was all a set up. Now Hannah would finally believe me and we could move pass this because all i want is her.

I heard a car pull up and looked out the window. Someone was dropping Hannah off and that someone is Sammy. I clenched my fists and felt like pummeling him now.

I went to sit on the couch and waited for Hannah to come in. How could she even go out with that dick.

I heard the door open and Hannah walked in looking down.

"Where have you been?" I asked, a hint of worry was in my voice. I hope Sammy didn't try anything. A kiss I could handle but if he did anything else all hell will break free.

"I was out with - "

"Sammy?" I finished for her, not caring if the anger was in my voice.

"So what if I was with Sammy? Its not like you care Jack." She shot back. Wow.

I stood up. "I actually do fucking care Hannah! Because Sammy set me up by basically paying Melissa to kiss me so he could come between us!"

"Thats bullshit Jack!" she yelled. "What are we? Twelve? Youll have to think of a better excuse to save yourself."

"I'm not making this us! JJ ans Carter were there, they saw everything! Why would I even make that up?" I said fuming.

"You just lie about everything just to be right Jack!" She screamed.

"What the fuck? It was one mistake that I didn't even end up making and now I'm the biggest liar?" i laughed drily.

"Sammy wouldn't do that! He would hurt you or me like that." She said crossing her arms. I blinked...is she legit taking the idiots side?

"You've been on one date with Sammy and now you think you've known him your whole life? Hannah i know Sammy and i know he'd do that!" I yelles back at her.

"I just know he'd never hurt me." She said weakly.

'Why would you even take his side..." that's when it seemed clearer to me. "You kissed him right?"

My heart was beating fast. I hope she wouldn't confirm my suspicious but it was too good to be true because she nodded slowly with tears in her eyes.

"You're a fucking hypocrite Hannah." I yelled and pushed passed her into my bedroom, slamming the door shut.

I felt sick, angry and mostly just hurt. I'm not stupid or naive...of course they kissed today and Hannah would just to spite me because she's hurt.

Is this what we're basing our marriage on now? Betrayal and lies?

-

I got up earlier because JJ and I were recording another song today and partly because I didn't want to see Hannah at all.

I felt guilty for making her sleep on the couch but I was angry and wasn't prepared to talk to her last night. I still brought out an extra blanket that morning and covered her shivering body - I still care about her.

"Did you guys work it out?" JJ asked when I got to the studio.

"No." I snorted. "She was out with Sammy, I told her everything when she got back and she basically took his side and called me a liar."

"What? Why?" He asked.

"Why do you think?" I gave him a knowing look. "Sammy moved in on her, now she's taking his side."

"What a dick.' JJ muttered. I nodded. "What are you gonna do now man?"

"Nothing. We're back where we started and its strictly business. We're meeting our parents tonight so I'm hoping they call it off."

"But you like her man." He said.

"That's not enough if she still hates me, its just not enough." I sighed. I've never been so hopeless in my life and I hoped things would have worked with Hannah.

"Dude..its okay to want someone." JJ said cutting into my thoughts of Hannah. "Its okay to let yourself want her. Its okay to fight for her, relationships aren't easy and marriages too. If she's worth it then hope she doesn't tell her parents to call it off for cheating."

I let that sink in.

-Hannah POV-

"So tonight. Remind Jack honey." His mom told me on the phone. She had called to tell me that they're having a dinner at a restaurant to plan some wedding stuff.

"Sure Mrs Gilinsky. See you then." I tried to sound excited but my voice cracked at the end and his mother noticed.

"You're okay sweety? You sound so distraught." Mrs G asked.

I couldn't help crying. "Its just hard Mrs Gilinsky. I'm not sure I can do this anymore especially with Jack."

"What happen?"

"We finally grew on each other and now we're in a huge fight because of stupid things." I said wiping my eyes. I tried to sound calm but my heart was aching for her son and I had to get it out.

"Jack called a week ago and told us how you two have been getting along." She said. "He couldn't stop talking about you."

"Really?" I sniffed. Jack never struck me as the type of guy to gush about his fiancé to his parents.

"Oh yes honey." She said. "My point is that you do have a choice to tell your parents to call if off if something drastic happened between you two. I won't ask you what did happen because that's private between you and my son."

"I know Mrs Gilinsky."

"But." She said. "Marriages are difficult Hannah, it only gets harder but its okay to admit that you want to be with him. Its okay to like him after the fighting sweety."

Its like she knew exactly what to say.

"Its your choice Hannah. I'll see you for the dinner tonight." She said warmly.

"Thanks Mrs Gilinsky." I said smiling even though she can't see me.

"Oh Hannah?" She said before hanging up.

"Yes?"

"You make my son a much better person."

The call ended. I look down at yhe receiver for a few minutes.

"Yeah your son makes me a better person too." I whispered not realizing Jack walked in.