Chapter 2

-HANNAH pov-

We drove to Jacks house tonight for a very important announcement. I wonder what it could be, something wedding related obviously.

"Hannah dear, be open minded tonight." My mom said when the car parked in their driveway.

"Yeah whatever." I mumbled and followed them up the steps. Damn. If I thought our house was big, Jacks house was beyond imagination. It was like a movie styled house with glass everywhere.

Its beautiful. Mrs Gilinsky welcomed us in warmly and hugged me, she really seemed nice and always complimented me. We Walked into the den and found Jack lounging on the couch.

He greeted my parents and gave me a stiff nod. Which I didn't return because i hate his guts. "Sit down please." Mr Gilinsky smiled and offered us drinks. They made small talk while Jack and i sat quietly looking at the floor.

I just wanted to cut to the reason why we were here in the first place. "So whats the big announcement?" I asked.

"Well." Jacks dad started. "We've decided on a wedding month for you two, haven't quite got the exact date but it'll be six to nine months from now."

My dad nodded and added. "It'll give you time to get to know each other."

"What!?" Jack and i said simultaneously. My mouth hung open.

"Thats so sudden!" Jack said what i was going to say.

"Yes! You cant expect us to just like each other over a few months!" I yelled getting even more angry with my parents who would agree to such shit.

"My dear that is more than enough time for you both. There will be no compromising as we've all agreed." His dad said sternly.

I wanted to scream.

"I can't even...why?" Jack groaned. His face was red with anger, he looked like he might punch his dad.

My dad cleared his throat. "This is the set month so be ready." There was a note of finality in his voice. He wasn't angry but final. My dad had that dominating strike to his persona.

Everything was silent for a moment, Jack and I looked at each other for help. But we knew whatever we say didn't matter because we're going to be married.

"But there's more to this." My mom said quietly. I sighed and closed my eyes briefly, what could be more joy-crushing? Jack rolled his eyes.

"What?" He asked.

"We've all talked about this for a while and at first thought it wouldnt be good. But now we agreed its a good idea for you two." Jacks mom smiled at us hopefully.

"Whats a Good idea?" I asked.

"You and Jack will be moving into your own house together." Mr Gilinsky sang happily.

I almost died. "WHAT!!?" i yelled staring at his happy face. "You're kidding me! NO! ABSOLUTELY NOT!" I yelled louder. I looked at my parents and they smiled apologetically.

"Hannah, this is- " his dad started.

"Bullshit! Thats what it is, we barely know each other and now we're gonna be living together?" Jack asked shaking his head. For once I actually agreed with him.

"Jack! Watch your language!" His mother gasped. I had a headache now, listening to their stupid arguments. I was on the verge of tears by now, I hit my lip to stop myself.

"Im sorry but shouldn't it be a decision made by Jack and I? Afterall we're getting married yet we have no decision." I said weakly. Jack nodded.

"We know what your decision woild be Han, you two have to trust that we know whats best for you two." My dad answers. I laughed bitterly.

"When will we be moving? After the wedding right." Jack asked.

"No thats too far my boy." His dad laughed as if Jack was joking. "You two will be moving in a weeks time!"

By this time I didn't even bother saying anything because I expected the surprise after surprise. Jack stood up angrily.

"Forget me! What about Hannah? She's a girl who's gonna be staying with a guy she doesnt even know!" He yelled and jabbed a finger at our parents. I was stunned to see that he cared about how i felt...

"We know you'll take care of her." My mom said smiling. Jacks expression softened abit and guessed he likes my mom.

"Mrs Bass that's not the point. Hannah would feel uncomfortable." He sighed and looked away. He was really frustrated. "Why would you put her through that?"

My dad stood. "Don't lecture us about our daughter! We know whats best." He shot back at Jack.

Jack laughed. "Of course you do." He turned and left. I heard a door slam upstairs.

"I'll be outside. Bye Mr and Mrs Gilinsky." I tried smiling but just walked away with tears rolling down my face.

I didn't want this at all.