BEAR'S CHAPTER ( NOT OFFICIAL STORY )

BEAR JOHNSON

“Hey Geoff, can I have another one of these?” I ask, beckoning towards my empty shot glass sitting on the bar right in front of me.

Geoffrey nods and comes towards my side of the bar before he pours me another shot of vodka. “It’s your fourth one in almost ten minutes. Are you okay?” Geoffrey asks, placing his hand on my shoulder and looks at me worriedly.

“Of course everything’s okay.” I reassure him before I pick the shot glass up and putting it to my lips. I lean backwards and let the alcohol run down my throat, but I nearly choke on it after Geoffrey throws me off guard.

“Does this have something to do with Raya’s engagement?”

My eyes widen at the sudden question and I shake my head at him while trying to keep the alcohol down instead of me spitting it all over his clean bar.

“Of course not! I’m really happy for her and Ezra.”

Geoffrey shakes his head at me like he doesn’t believe me. But he gives my shoulder a squeeze anyways. “You know, it’s okay to be sad, Bear.”

Fuck, Geoffrey. You sound like my mom. I am not upset at all.” I chuckle. “I’m perfectly fine, but I’ll be much better if I can get another shot of this.”

He lets go of my shoulder and walks over to the other side of the bar again. He leans down and takes a bottle of unopened vodka and twists the cap before he pours me yet another shot into the shot glass, but instead of me taking it first, someone to my right beats me to it.

Geoffrey chuckles and shakes his head before he went to the other side to help other customers while I turn to whoever took the vodka from me.

“Fancy seeing you here.” She says and I immediately growl.

Her black hair tickles my arm when she takes my shot of vodka and swallows it all down in one go, the glare remains on my face but she just ignores it like taking shots from strangers are a normal thing to do in a club.

“What do you want, Raven?” I ask through clenched teeth.

“I want a good time.” Raven says, tracing her cat-like claws across my arm but I shrug her away, shaking my head at her.

“Go bother someone else.” I tell her. “I am not in the mood for any company. Or better yet, I am not in the mood for your company.”

My words didn’t have any effect on her at all because she still smiles at me. It was an infuriating smile. One where the corner of her lip curved upward in some sort of smirk.

I absolutely loathed it.

She uses her free hand and tucks a strand of her long lock of black hair behind her ear. She then beckons for Geoffrey to refill my shot glass with the damn audacity she has.

He walks over to us and pours the vodka into the glass, but I quickly take it from her hand and guzzle it down before she gets a chance to do so.

Geoffrey walks away again and I sigh when Raven makes no move to disappear from my side. I just wanted a damn peaceful night alone; I sure as hell didn’t need her to ruin it for me, but she already did the second she sat down next to me.

“I know about Raya. It must suck really, your long-life crush is getting married, and you’re here swallowing down your sorrows. When’s the wedding again?”

“You received a wedding invitation, didn’t you?” I ask in the most sarcastic tone I could muster.

“I did. I’m just here to ruffle some feathers.”