CHAPTER 02

Chapter TwoRaya St Claire

Chapter Two
Raya St Claire

My foot barely touched the rug we had in the living room when everyone, and I mean everyone, jumped out from their hiding spots behind the couch yelling ‘surprise’ in unison; it was no surprise that Bear’s yelling was the loudest. He was always fond of birthdays even though it wasn’t even his.

I look at all of them. If only they knew that I already knew what they planned, thanks to Bear who dropped the bomb on me in the bathroom.

It also would have been a surprise if I didn’t expect it, but the NC do this every single year and every year I have the same reaction written on my face; annoyance.

All the guys had a big grin on their face, including the twins who barely smiled.

I scan everyone’s hands and see black and dark purple balloons in them, and Storm had a decorated purple cake in his one hand and a balloon in the other.

“Wow! A surprise party. You shouldn’t have.” I say with as much enthusiasm I can possibly muster, but I failed miserably; the annoyance was clear in my tone.

They were fussing.

I knew they were going to fuss even though I threatened them not to.

Bear smiles apologetically when my eye catches his. “It’s your birthday, Ray.” He says. “It’s the only day we can actually fuss over you, so live a little.”

I shoot him a glare. It must have been the third one today. “I told you guys not to fuss over me.” I cross my arms over my chest. “It’s just another day for me and you guys know it.”

Bear throws his hand up in surrender and starts to walk toward me. “Tell us to not do something and we’ll do it just to spite you, Ray, and you know that.” 

“Please tell me that is not a gift.” I eye his right arm hidden behind his back.

Bear winks at me and takes out the hand that was hidden behind his back to reveal a small gift wrapped in black and purple wrapping paper.

Well, there goes my wish of owning my own sniper rifle.

Bear extends his hand before dropping the gift into my hand. “Just open it. You’ll like it, I promise.”

I sigh before I start to tear the gift paper. After a few tears, I finally take it off and throw it to the ground with the rest of the shredded gift wrapping paper.

I stare at the photograph in my hands, biting back a smile seeing all of the boys standing behind me like they were my personal body guards.