CHAPTER 34

Chapter Thirty FourRaya St Claire

Chapter Thirty Four
Raya St Claire

The newcomer was shouting all kinds of words beside me, but all I could focus on was shooting at him. There were at least three bodies lying there, all three dead because of me, and empty bullet casings were lying everywhere around my feet.

I was shooting and shooting, and it was a mistake, one of the biggest ones I have made in my entire eight years since I have been with the NC because the more I shot, the less my bullets became, but I couldn’t possibly care about that, I only cared about one thing and that was to put a bullet in the man’s skull who murdered my mother and my father in cold blood.

I still remember how I had to step over my father’s pool of blood trying to get away from the man who wanted to kill me. I still remember my mother’s body lying on the cold hard ground, minutes after she has told me to leave the house. And I still remember my little brother’s screams before it went completely silent.

I will not let him leave this museum alive.

I was shooting at them until I felt the newcomer pulling me behind a pillar.

It’s only then when I realized that my gun ran out of bullets, and that I have been shooting blanks for at least a few seconds. I was wondering why none of them dropped dead when I was so sure that I have been aiming at all of their faces.

“What the hell did you do?” Ezra shouts, shaking his head at me. “We’re outnumbered, Raya, and you just went all guns blazing on them! Do you know how many of them are out there?”

I couldn’t respond to his question. I could only look at him. I eye his gun and realize that he hasn’t shot out all of his bullets like I did, so I grabbed his gun from his grasp after I had dropped my empty one to the ground and stepped past him.

I wanted to shoot at them again, but Archie and Bear both came into view, hiding behind the same pillar the newcomer and I were using as cover behind.

“Raya, what the hell did you do?!” Archie shouts loudly, clenching his jaw in anger. “You were supposed to wait for our single before you started to shoot!”

“You’re in no position to bark out orders right now, Archie.” I retort. “So back the fuck off.”

Bear looks at me in disappointment, talking to Archie like that, but if only he knew why I lost all my respect for Archie. He’d understand why I talked to him like that.

“Come out and surrender your weapons.” A voice calls, only known as Waylon’s second in command. “You have five seconds, or you’ll leave in black body bags.”