EPILOGUE

EpilogueRaya St Claire

Epilogue
Raya St Claire

a few months later

The rain was pouring heavily onto me, my crop top stuck to my body like a second skin. My white lace bra was visible through the fabric, but I focused my gaze on the target in front of me.

I lift my crossbow, aiming it toward the target.

I pull the trigger.

Bull’s eye.

I smile, wanting to move forward to get my bolts, but when warm breath fans the back of my neck, a shiver descends down my back and goose bumps erupt all over my skin.

I smile even wider.

The newcomer.

“Your stance is so wrong.” He whispers in my ear. He was so close, I could practically taste the mint on his breath mixed with the nicotine.

I wanted to tell him that my stance was anything but wrong, but when I feel his fingers on my bare hip, I was suddenly at loss for words. I swear I looked like a fish, trying to open my mouth to say something only for me to close it again.

“You have to stand with your feet apart.” He whispers, kissing the dip in my neck. “And you have to lift your hands into the air. Like this.” His fingertips graze the skin of my arms as more goose bumps erupt on my skin. He lifts my hands into the air and it nearly caused me to drop the crossbow to the ground. He twirls me around so I could face him and I come face to face with him.

He had his signature smirk on his mouth.

His hair was sticking to his forehead as more rain fell on top of us.

He leans into me, placing his lips against mine hungrily.

“I love you.” He says against my lips.

“Not as much as me.” I tell him, smiling against his lips.

“Get a room you two.” Bear says, shouting through the window of the kitchen.

Ezra laughs, pulling away from me to glare at him.

He did interrupt us, after all.

“Aren’t you supposed to watch Barbie with my sister?” Ezra asks instead of chiding him for interrupting our intimate moment.

“I didn’t sign up for Barbie, man.” Bear says, shaking his head.

“You have grown to love her as your little sister.” I tell Bear. “It’s your brotherly duty to watch Barbie with Ezra’s little sister.”