CHAPTER 03

Chapter ThreeRaya St Claire

Chapter Three
Raya St Claire

I had a death wish for glaring at Archie the way that I did, but I didn't regret it for a second. The gun was still pressed against the intruder's head and Bear still looked at the intruder like he was ready to pounce on him if he moved an inch.

"You didn't brief this with us." I tell Archie, looking at him over my shoulder.

"Yeah," Bear nods, "we didn't have a conversation about a new recruit."

I could kiss Bear for taking my side, but it wouldn't change the situation we were in. When Archie made a decision, it was difficult to get him to change his mind, and when Archie made a decision, it was final.

Archie walks over to my, takes the gun away from the intruder's head slowly and very carefully like I would pull the trigger just to be spiteful; he places my gun on the coffee table, right next to my photograph I received for my birthday today and I watch him readjust his jacket before he turned again to look at me.

"I didn't need to brief anyone. I think this is for the best." Archie says.

"Archie," I practically beg, or plead in a sense, "the NC doesn't need recruits."

I see the intruder, or newcomer, shift uncomfortably in my peripheral vision. I ignore him and focus my gaze back to Archie, watching him release a big breath before he spoke again. "Raya, don't be like this."

"We don't even know if this guy can be trusted!" I yell and throw my hands into the air frustratingly. "He looks like a fucking high school bad boy, Archie!"

The intruder lets out a chuckle and both Bear and I glare at him in unison. The intruder clears his throat awkwardly and scratches the back of his tattooed neck.

"Raya-"

I storm away before Archie got a chance to explain further.

I was just too pissed.

I make my way up the stairs but bump into Storm on the way up.

He grabs my arm gently, catching me before I had a chance to fall down the staircase. "What's wrong?" He asks, eyeing me worriedly. "It sounds like a fight broke down there."

I hold onto the railing this time, looking up into Storm's eyes. His forehead was creased with worry as he stares down at me, holding onto the railing. The anger was probably written all across my face.

"Why don't you go and ask Archie?" I say, stepping past him.

I must admit, my behaviour towards Storm was kind of rude, but I was in no mood to talk about that abomination again, so I went straight to the only place I can let all my anger out if I hit hard enough.