CHAPTER 41

Chapter Forty OneRaya St Claire

Chapter Forty One
Raya St Claire

“Raya?” I don’t bother turning my head to the doorway where Archie was currently standing. “Can we please talk?”

I shake my head, not wanting to look at him. I haven’t faced him for days.

I promised myself that I’d get to hear his side of the story after Winchester was six feet underground, not before that.

There was only one thing on my mind right now, and that was to see Winchester with a fucking bullet lodged inside of his skull… and getting my brother back.

“I don’t have time to talk to you right now, Archie.” And that wasn’t entirely a lie. I didn’t really have time to talk to him about everything right now. I was too busy focusing on my laptop’s screen, trying to find Winchester by hacking into his bank account to see where he was located.

Ezra knew where his office was located, but Winchester was clever enough not to go there again.

“Raya, please…” Archie practically begs, and he never begs. “I just need a few minutes.”

I turn to look at him with both of my hands still on the keypad of my laptop. “You don’t deserve a few minutes of my time, Archie.”

Archie looked terrible, to say the least. There were dark circles under his eyes, and he hasn’t shaved his beard at all, leaving him with a short stubble underneath his chin, and his cheeks. His clothes were crumpled, and his eyes were red-rimmed. It also looks like he hasn’t eaten in days.

“I know I don’t deserve it, but I would appreciate it if you would listen, for old time’s sake.”

“For old time’s sake?” I nearly chuckle. “Our relationship was built on lies, Archie. You haven’t done anything to deserve a few minutes of my time. You lied to me…for eight fucking years…”

His shoulders sag. “It wasn’t all lies.” His voice was merely above a whisper. “It wasn’t Raya…”

“You had my brother all this time. I thought he was dead. Murdered. By your friend, Archie.”

“Winchester was never my friend.” He says. “He was my next paycheck, that’s all.”

“Hm.” I just mumble, lifting my fingers to the keys of my laptop before I started to type. I don’t know what I was typing or where it was going to lead, but I was determined to find that bastard.

When I feel Archie place his hand on my shoulder, I stop typing, but I still don’t turn my head to look at him.

I couldn’t.