Hanahaki disease-beomgyu

Depuis le début

His hands clasped onto his mouth as the petals burst out.

*Cough Cough!*

Coughing sounds filled the room as the flowers bursted out. Blood splattered onto the sheets. The beautiful yet nauseating scent of violets masked yeonjun's scent.

Beomgyu screamed in frustration as he sensed the scent fade. All he wanted was yeonjun's scent all day long. He loved how welcoming and soft yeonjun's scent was.

A scent that made him feel comfort.

But it was all gone.

All he could smell was violets.

Beomgyu shoved the violets off of his bed. They were giant.

A lot bigger than normal violets.

He was really running out of time.

Suddenly his phone lit up. He reached for it. Yeonjun had sent him a cute picture of bears hugging. Beomgyu knew it was purely platonic but his body didn't. He could feel his heart race and his palms get sweaty.

He found himself unconsciously typing

"I love you."

He quickly deleted it and typed "haha cute" instead.

He felt another lump.

★☆

Yeonjun smiled at the message as he listened to music. He was riding a bus home. Usually it was horrible decision since he was the most popular member.

But it was late anyway. Not many people would be riding the bus at this time. He turned off his phone and set in neatly on his lap. He watched the lovely trees and bushes as the bus sped off.

He saw a violet bush. He smiled as he stared at it. He loved violets. Everything from the color to the smell. Suddenly he felt his phone buzz.

He picked it up and saw a notification from beomgyu.

"I love you. I've always had. Please I'm not joking."

Yeonjun let out a tiny squeak.

"what? are you sure?" he texted back.

"I'm positive! When I say I love you I don't mean it platonically nor jokingly. I mean it!"

"Beomgyu I don't know what to say. Let's talk more when I get home okay?"

Yeonjun turned off his phone with a stunned expression plastered on his face. He still thought it was a joke despite beomgyu telling him he wasn't.

"He has to be joking. He knows we're like brothers right?"

★☆

Yeonjun got off at the bus stop and slowly made his way to the dormitory. His heart was thumping in his chest as he stood in front of the front door. He took his keys out and unlocked the door.

The house was dead silent.

"Everyone must've gone to sleep," yeonjun whispered to himself.

Still he decided to go to beomgyu's room anyway. His bed was just a lot more comfortable.

But when he got there...

He didn't find beomgyu. Instead he found several blood stains on the bed. Not only that but the petals of violets cluttered the room.

Yeonjun's eyes filled with tears as he started to realize what happened. He crept up to the edge. He saw something truly horrifying on the other side.

Beomgyu laying on the floor. The pool of blood and flowers lied beside him. Crimson liquid dropped out of his mouth.

Even with all of this, beomgyu somehow looked content.

"Beomgyu ah?" yeonjun called out. He came closer to beomgyu's body.

"BEOMGYU!!!!"

★☆

Beomgyu had passed away from hanahaki. During his last days of suffering, he wrote in a diary on his phone. Yeonjun knew the code to it.

It was his birthday instead of beomgyu's.

But yeonjun didn't know if he wanted to read through it. He did read one page though. It was a page that was titled "My last thoughts for Yeonjun hyung".

It read,

"Yeonjun hyung, by the time you read this i'm probably dead. Hopefully I didn't look too horrible. I just want you to know that I loved you. Ever since you helped me out of that one slump in my mental health i just couldn't stop loving you. I know you probably feel guilty for my death. It's not your fault at all. I promise that not getting the surgery was my own decision and fault. You aren't a murderer. You are the best thing that ever happened to this world. Don't let anyone tell you otherwise.
love,
Beomgyu ♡"

Yeonjun couldn't stop crying as he read through the page. He had read this page dozens of times. But he couldn't stop reading it. Beomgyu really showed how much he loved yeonjun in one simple short diary page.

"Hyung can you please stop reading that diary page," soobin pleaded. "We have to get going for the funeral."

Yeonjun shook his head.

"He l-loved me soobinie..." yeonjun whispered.

"Hyung, you know he wouldn't like seeing you so sad over him right?" soobin said.

"I know but I just can't help it," yeonjun said sniffling. "He really loved me. He threw up flowers because of me. I just wished I loved him as much as he loved me."

"Hyung don't blame yourself like that." soobin said.

"I miss him binnie," yeonjun whispered.

"I do too," soobin whispered back. Yeonjun could see tears cloud soobin's eyes.

He brought him into a tight hug.

And they both cried like never before.

★Yeonjun's pov☆

It's been a few months without beomgyu in my life. Needless to say, it feels a bit empty without him. I missed the bickering we would do together. I remember the funny fake angry voice he would do.

I missed when he would call me a dummy. I missed when he would softly talk in his sleep.

I miss him.

A lot.

But it's gotten better. I still visit his grave often and leave him letters.

I think im a lot happier than a few months ago.

I still miss beomgyu nonetheless.

꒷ੈ‧₊˚ ⋆。˚ ★ ˚。⋆。⋆ੈ‧₊˚꒷꒦︶︶꒦꒷♡ੈ‧₊˚꒷

Requests open!!