e-coli-huening kai

⚠️CW⚠️: Gross details on shit, Lots of emeto, a gallon of angst.

requested by: anon ( ˘ ³˘)♥
⋆。˚ ★ ˚。⋆。⋆。˚ ♡˚。⋆。⋆。˚★˚。⋆。⋆。˚ ♡ ˚。⋆。⋆。˚ ★
Kai's pov

I woke up in the middle of the night. My stomach hurt so much to the point I couldn't go back to sleep. I got up tiredly and made my way to the bathroom.

I didn't know what it was exactly All I knew was that I had to get to the bathroom and I had to get there fast. I burst into the bathroom feeling my stomach ache get worse.

I quickly sat down on the toilet thinking that it was going to just be a normal thing. But what came for me next was so gross I started to cry.

It- It just kept on coming out! Even when I wanted it to stop it just kept going! (he's shiting ALOT because of diarrhea) Even when I thought it was over more kept coming out.

And I still had my stomach ache even after all that.

☆★

I stepped out of the bathroom pale and shivering. I felt so gross and all I wanted to do was just sleep. But my stomach hurt so much that even the thought of laying down hurt me.

So I slipped right back into my bed trying hard not to touch my now bloated stomach. But I ended up losing my balance and belly-flopped right onto my firm bed.

I wanted to scream so bad that tears ended up slowly rolling down my cheeks. I rolled onto my side trying hard not to wake taehyun up with my crying. I was tired but I couldn't sleep from all the pain I was in.

I didn't even find myself dosing off even after all the crying I did.

★☆(omniscient pov)
"Huening!"

Before kai could get a good night's rest, it was well over the morning. Well, it was 10 am to be exact. Even though it was many hours he slept, he still felt exhausted.

Taehyun was calling him but he was so tired he couldn't even answer.

"Are you not going to get up and eat??" taehyun asked. He had been up since 8:30 am so still seeing kai in bed while everyone else was up concerned him.

Even the thought of food disgusted kai so it was a hard pass.

"No..." he groaned. He didn't mean to sound so bothered. His stomach was killing him so he couldn't use any other tone.

"Kai ah whats wrong??" taehyun asked. He had detected that something was off with kai. Kai sounded so tired even though he got so many hours of sleep.

"Just tired" kai said.

"You went to sleep at 9 pm last night." taehyun said, "how are you still tired?"

"I just am." kai said annoyed that taehyun wouldn't leave him alone. Taehyun seemed to have gotten hurt by kai's tone because he just left the room without saying anything.

Kai really didn't mean to hurt him but he was in so much pain that speaking was even a challenge for him.

** (3 hours later)

"Hueningie, you've been in bed for too long. You have to tell me whats wrong." soobin firmly said.

Kai groaned. He had thrown up in secret 6 times now. His throat felt scratchy and his voice was weak. He really did not want to talk.

"You need to tell me so I can help you. " soobin said almost like a demand.

"Hyung do I really concern you that much?" kai asked. His voice was almost gone.

"Your voice is almost gone. Of course im concerned." soobin answered.

Kai sighed and sat up. His body was sore but he hadn't really done anything but throw up and shit a lot. He climbed down the ladder of the bunk bed.

He ended up missing his footing and landing right onto his arm.

"Kai! Are you okay?!" Soobin asked quickly going to help kai up. But kai stayed on the floor. He quietly whined on the floor and didn't respond to any of soobin's questions.

After a few minutes of this awkward silence, kai finally whispered out "m-my arm..."

"Your arm?" soobin was genuinely concerned. 

"I think I broke it..." kai whispered again. But this time his voice sounded weaker.

However before soobin could respond, kai ended up passing out from the pain. By this time, the other members ended up hearing what was going on and got concerned.

Soobin carefully moved kai so he could see his arm. It was swollen and definitely not just a case of a painful fall. On top of that, it was bent a bit as well.

"Call 119." soobin demanded.

☆★

They were at the hospital waiting for an update on kai's condition. But the waiting took a bit longer since the hospital was just a bit too busy at the moment.

They grew more impatient after 2 hours. They didn't know what was wrong with kai so any possibility was indeed possible. They were even thinking of the most deadliest sicknesses.

At one point yeonjun even thought of cancer being possible. He quickly tried to deny that thought but it stubbornly remained even after his attempts.

After half an hour they finally heard kai's name be called.

"We have diagnosed him with e.coli. I suggest he gets lots of rest and makes sure to hydrate." the doctor revealed.       "We also took an X-ray and his arm is indeed broken. It will need to be in a cast and sling for about six weeks."

They were allowed to visit him but he was still unconscious. Well that was until 15 minutes later...

★☆ (Kai's pov)

I woke up sore with a familiar gentle voice calling out my name.

"Kai ah it's okay~"

I was too tired to recognize who it was. I still was having trouble opening my eyes. If only it wasn't for the bright lights in the room I could've fully opened them a minute ago.

Finally I could open my eyes.

Wait.

This is not my bed.

"Where am I?" i asked almost panicking

"You're in the hospital. But don't worry everything is okay!" beomgyu hyung said.

I wanna go home already.

"When can I go home?" I asked.

"Tomorrow, they're keeping you here a bit longer to make sure you're going to be okay." Soobin hyung said.

A whole night seemed like a month to me. I hated hospitals because how they looked, felt, and smelled.

Yeah maybe the smell of disinfectant is nice sometimes. But when it came to hospitals it was just annoying and even gave me a slight headache.

☆★

Even though I would be staying in the hospital for a few more hours, the members seemed to be doing anything to keep my mind off of it.  I truly appreciate them for that.

I didn't forget about the fact I would stay here overnight but im glad they tried.

☆★ (omniscient)

Kai got to go home in the morning. He didn't participate in any schedules for a bit for obvious reasons. But with his members, sitting out felt a bit less painful.