"Luna, somehow I get the feeling you were a little too hard on him," Usagi chided.

"You think so?" wondered Luna, showing a slight bit of guilt. "Perhaps I was."

"Well, don't you worry about a thing! I'll be your mediator and help patch things up between you two!" Usagi said cheerily. "You can consider it already done!"

"That's what I'm worried about," Luna groaned. "Whenever you become a mediator for something, you can bet that it'll be done, alright."

▃▃▃▃▃▃▃▃▃▃▃▃▃▃▃▃▃▃▃▃▃▃▃▃▃▃▃▃▃▃▃

Artemis soon returned to his residence, of course, Minako's house. Minako was busily at work knitting while Artemis sat on her bed, still fuming.

"Is there something wrong, Artemis?" asked Minako. "You seem cranky."

"I'm a proud male cat, and I refuse to be insulted!" Artemis huffed. "Not even by Luna!"

"Sounds to me that you fought with Luna," Minako said, putting down her needles. "You know, there's a saying that goes, "Fortune favors the old."

Artemis sighed. "Minako, it's "Fortunate favors the bold," not the old," he corrected.

Minako's cheeks flushed with embarrassment. "Well, some people say it that way. Anyway, my point is you can't accomplish anything you're willing to get out there, put yourself on the line, and take a risk."

Artemis stared at Minako, replaying her words of advice in his mind. Then, an idea bubbled up in his brain.

"Then that's what I'll do! I'm going to take some real action and distinguish myself!" Artemis thought with determination. "And that'll show Luna and the others! I'm going to take a risk and show them what I got!"

Artemis then hopped off of the bed and dashed out of the room.

"Artemis, where are you off to?" called out Minako. "What's going on?"

The white cat didn't reply as he set off on his critical mission.

▃▃▃▃▃▃▃▃▃▃▃▃▃▃▃▃▃▃▃▃▃▃▃▃▃▃▃▃▃▃▃

At the same time, Usagi and Luna were running towards Minako's house, hoping to find Artemis to smooth things over with him. But then, as they turned around the corner, Usagi stepped on something that was not only soft and squishy but also let out a loud shrill yowl in agony. Usagi looked down, and much to her horror, she found that she was stepping on Artemis' head.

Luna couldn't help but snigger. "How careless."

Artemis glared. "Don't call me careless!" he hissed.

"Now, now. Let's all calm down here," Usagi spoke importantly. "Let your mediator handle this."

"How about mediating your foot off of my head, first, Usagi?!" Artemis complained.

Usagi did so, but as they looked back at Artemis, they saw that the white cat now had a large implant of Usagi's foot on his head. Not only that, but Artemis looked so cross that he was making a ridiculous angry face as he growled in anger. Usagi and Luna tried to hold back, but they couldn't as they both burst out laughing again, thinking that Artemis looked so funny. But as they settled down, they were quick to notice that Artemis had wisely disappeared.

"Oh, no! He's gone!" Usagi gasped. "This was your fault, Luna! You had to go and laugh at him!"

"What are you mean? You laughed at him, too!" Luna shot back.