Chapter Two: I Got The Part!

The plane has just now landed in Vegas, where the auditions for June Iparis, from the Legend series by Marie Lu will be taken. We thought it was going to be held in LA, but there was a bit of a mix up, June, my publicists, got the wrong information, the auditions for Day, were being held in LA.

Before I even read the script I knew I wanted to be in this movie, because I have read all three books , and all the tabloids rank me as top 5, for the part.

"Are you nervous?" June asks me.

"Well, June, yes I am nervous for my audition of June." I say, adding in a pun. She just rolls her eyes.

I laugh at myself for being such a nut ball and look out the window. Through the airplane's small window I could see flashes going off in the big airport.

"Great, they've found you, again." June says.

"Yay, fun." I say a bit sarcastically.

"Let's hope we can actually make it to the auditions on time." Mark says as we step off the plane.

_____________________
_________________________

"My name is Belinda-Rose Tanner, I am 16 years old and I'm auditioning for the role of June Iparis." I say loudly with my shoulders straight back and a firm voice.

"Ms. Rose, you are a major actress, I'd be very shocked if you didn't get the part." Marie Lu, herself says. I'm so stunned it takes me a while to comprehend what she is implying and I let my posture faultier.

"Wow, thank you so much, and I know I'm ganna sound like a geek and a such a suck up, but I've read all three books and I loved them SO Much!" I say, okay, I know I was supposed to keep it professional, but are you kidding me?!? Marie FREAKING Lu, just gave me a compliment.

"Thank you, sorry, continue on." She says with a big smile.

"Okay." I say.

The director then asks me a series of questions such as, why should I be casted, what can I bring to the character of June and for the movie, what's my schedule like, and some complete random ones, that if one weren't in the acting business, would be totally thrown off guard, then followed by a role play, for the actual audition.

"Well, thank you for your time, and we will be in touch." The producer says.

"No, thank you, and I hope you have a great rest of the day." I say as I start to exit the room.

Before the door closes, I hear something that implies that I possibly have the role.

"She's got the right look, and she could make this movie big." I hear the director himself say.

"Call me weird, but she is exactly who I envisioned for June." I hear Marie Lu say.

I smile wide as I enter the holding room, and June and Mark rush over to me.

"How did it go?" June asks as she hands me my coat and wraps her arm around me.

"Well, it went well, Marie Lu herself said that I was exactly who she envisions as June, so I think I possibly just landed a new role, possibly." I say as we follow behind Drew who steps aside for Mark, who opens the door.

We step out into the very hot air of Vegas and flashes again come from every direction.

The paparazzi just have no limit.

Only this time, I'm actually quit happy so I ask June to step aside, just a little so that I could pose a little for the paps.

"Did you land a new role?!"

"Did you make it?''

"Who were you auditioning for?!"

Eventually they started to attract too much attention, and wanting to avoid a mob, we quickly get into the awaiting car and drive back to the airport.

________________________
_________________________

The next few days go by in a blur, an interview here, photo shoot there, all I really wanted was to receive a call, knowing if I got the role or not.

I've had my fair share of getting the big roles, but I've never been in a series before, this would be new, and very fun.

I finally got to have a breather today, just for a couple of hours, and I'm currently sitting in my studio room holding my guitar and strumming a random tune, when, my phone rings.

June's called ID pops up.

"Hey June, what's up?" I ask. Half of me is hoping that she says I've landed the role, but the other half tells me not to get overly excited, this could be a reminder of an interview in the morning.

"Rush Restaurant in an hour, I'll meet you in the front, we are going to meet up with Eddison Crowly, the director, Haily Jones, the producer, and Marie Lu." She says.

I squeal just a little.

"Okay! I'll be there." I say.

"Oh, you bet you will." She says.

I rush upstairs and look for something to wear. I decide on a soft pink skirt, a casual white tank top, with two strings that fall on the side of the front, I just tied the and left the cute knot over the skirt, and my white heels. For my hair I braided it to the side, and for my make up I decided to go for a neutral look, and applied soft pink lip stick.
I rush back down the stairs, grab my tan hand bag and make my way to my car.

_______________________
__________________________

"Now, as you know you are here for one reason and one reason only." Eddy says as he puts down his nap kin.

For the past half hour the five of us all have been making casual small talk about the book, the movie, and me.

I set down my fork and take a sip of my water.

"We have decided to give you the role of June." Marie Lu says.

I smile as wide as Texas spreads across my face, I stand up from my chair and open up my arms, which Marie then stands and enters them.

"Oh my goodness, thank you, thank you so much." I say as I then enter Eddy's waiting arms.

"It was a no brainier really, as soon as you walked in the room, we all knew." Haily says as she opens her arms.

"This is so amazing." I say as I take my seat next to June, who give me a hug.

"Congratulations." She says.

Mark puts an arm around me, and whispers a small congrats.

"Wow, I'm speechless, thank you guys so much." I say.

The three of the smile and say 'no problem', 'our pleasure.'

"So, now we get down to business, the official shooting starts in about two months, we still need to find our locations, our characters, and we still need to finish the rest of the script."
Eddy says.

"But, we would like your input, for who you think should play as Day." Marie Lu says.

I search my brain for possible candidates, but I'm still in shock, it's kind of hard.

"Well, I was thinking Carson Bates, he's got the hair, we could give him contacts, he's got the body structure and he's an amazing and very well known actor as well." Eddy says.

"Carson?" I say, more as a question.

"I mean, yeah he could work, but I've heard he's a handful onset." I say.

"Well, I think he'd be perfect ." June says.

They continue on and on about Carson, and other possible actors for Day.

All I could think about was going home and telling my parents about the huge role I just landed.

I GOT THE PART!!
*******************************