Chapter 12

I woke up by my phone ringing. I answered without looking at the called.

"Hello?" I said with my sleepy voice.

"Melinda! You better wake up. I got the answers you asked for," a familiar voice said. I looked at the caller and it's Seungmin. I immediately understand what he was talking about. Minho's real identity. I hope there is something there.

"Oh yeah. Did you find anything?" I asked.

"It says his elementary school teacher's name," he said.

"What's the name?" I asked.

"Choi Rachel," he said. I stopped breathing. Is that why he said those things to her? But what happened between the two in the past? My thought got interrupted by Seungmin calling my name.

"Melinda? You there?" He asked.

"Yeah.." I answered.

"Why suddenly so down?" He asked concerned.

"Choi Rachel is my mother," I said.

"What? Who is this Minho guy anyways?" He asked.

"My boyfriend..." I finally confessed.

"Why are you looking him up?"

"He said some weird creepy stuff to my mom when we were there on a visit," I said.

"Like what?"

"He asked if she was worried he might kill her, and that he won't kill her just yet. She sounded terrified. I will protect her at any cost," I said.

"Another thing that I found. I literally got goosebumps. In elementary school everyone was scared of him. Even teachers," he added.

"Reason?"

"It says that he always drew gruesome drawings, including murder and lots of blood. And what I got goosebumps of is that he killed a rabbit and buried it at the schoolyard," he said. He's been creepy from the start.

"I'm not finished yet. His parents passed away when he was in 9th grade. He was also called in for an investigation then, but found not guilty," he said.

"Do you think there is a chance he might have killed them? If so, what's the reason?" I said.

"I can look into it."

I then heard Minho tell me to come down and eat.

"Minho is calling for me, don't say anything. I will put on an act," I said.

"Okay. Be careful. Shall I call the police just in case?" He asked.

"Sure."

I put my phone in my pocket and went downstairs. He made pancakes. We then began to dig in but he didn't eat. Why? I didn't want to ask. The silence was once again back, but Minho broke it.

"You can stop putting on a act, because it's useless," he said. My heart stopped. How did he know? Let me act like I don't know anything.

"W-what do you mean?" Fuck. Why did I stutter. Now he will definitely know I'm lying. He stood up from his chair and walked toward me, slowly. Staring intensively at me. He bend down to my level, still staring into my soul.

"I said you can stop putting on a act, because it's useless," he said with a more angry voice.

"I still don't know what you're ta-"

"Aish, shibal," He cursed and glared at me. He is really angry. His eyes are burning. He then wrapped his hands around my waist. Not to hug me, but to take my phone out. I didn't know what to say. I was stuck on my spot, had nowhere to go. He took my phone and held it in front of his mouth.

"Hey, Melinda's friend. You better hurry up or something reaaallyy bad will happen," he said to Seungmin through the phone and chuckled before turning my phone completely off. I started getting dizzy. Did he poison the pancakes? I swear to god if he did.

"See you tonight," he said and everything went black.