cuddle buddy | l.jn

"Is Naomi okay?" Johnny asks Mark with eyes set on the girl whose makeup is being done.

  "Yeah. She's just at that time of the month so she gets more tired and sleepier than usual," Mark explains.

  It's clear to everyone from how her head bobs slightly every once in a while.

  "Alright, Omi. Your makeup is done. You can lie down, just be careful not to smear your makeup and mess up your hair," the stylist says and Naomi bows while mumbling her gratitude before dragging herself to the couch.

  The whole of NCT is here for the day's schedule to perform the songs from their newest album, 'Universe.'

  "Is our Naomi tired?" Jaehyun asks with a fatherly smile, patting her head and Kun who is talking to Jaehyun, chuckles.

  "Aigoo, our Omi should rest a bit," Kun suggests with a gentle pinch of her nose.

  All she can do is grumble out incoherent words, telling them to be careful with her hair and makeup and proceeds to lean against a wall.

  "Your makeup is done," Jeno's stylist informs and the idol stands, flashing her a grateful smile before going to the couch when he sees Omi battling sleep.

  Jeno scoffs out of endearment and pokes her. "Yo."

  "Hm?" She hums out and looks at him through half-lidded eyes. "Hi, Jeno. You look nice..."

  And again, her eyes begin to shut.

  "Why aren't you resting on the couch?"

  "I'm afraid I'll fall asleep and accidentally ruin my makeup and hair," Naomi says with a subtle pout. It's evident that she so badly wants to but is just scared to.

  Jeno shakes his head and holds her hand. "Come sit with me. I'll make sure you'll stay still."

  "Thanks," she yawns and lets herself be led by him- soon feeling a cold, comfy cushion under her. She leans against the headrest and only moments later, Jeno can hear her snores.

  He chuckles and stares to make sure she's still before pulling out his phone. But right after, she starts stirring and he looks at her again- faithful to his promise of ensuring her makeup and hair stay untouched.

  His gears turn and he decides to pull her closer, laying her head on his shoulder. As expected, she stops moving when she feels someone's presence.

  "Is she asleep?" Taeyong whispers and Jeno nods. The older forms an 'O' with his mouth and walks away to talk with the other members.

  Jeno plays his game soundlessly, leaving his volume on zero despite the room already noisy with busy staffs here and there.

  He stiffens before relaxing again when Naomi squirms and snuggles closer- him gently moving her face away from rubbing on his shirt.

  A smile graces his face when he feels her arms tighten around his torso until the sound of clearing one's throat interrupts.

  "Looking a bit too happy there huh, Jeno?" Doyoung teases and Jeno just grins in response, thinking that he'll get himself into a deeper knot if he was to reply.
"She looks comfortable. No wonder she always says your hugs are the best."

  "She said that?" Jeno asks and Doyoung nods before being called away for hair styling.

  Jeno stares at the napping Omi and scoops her in closer, causing a smile to unconsciously form and he unintentionally copies.

  "I can hug you as long as you want, Omi," he whispers sincerely as he carefully and affectionately rests his head on hers, preventing her from moving too much.