"It's night right now. It's not moving."

"Wono. The thing is called Wono."

"Well, Wono is not moving. What do you suggest is the problem?"

"Maybe it needs moonlight? It might not be enough to be night, maybe it needs to be outside."

"I doubt we're going to get approval for that," said Celi.

"Then we do first and apologize later," said Papo.

"You can't be serious?"

"I am. I bet there's still a couple of people working late that we can convince to help."

"If you can convince others to join us, then I'm in."

"Right on it, ma'am." Papo left the lab and returned within 20 minutes with four other young scientists. "These young lads agreed to help."

"What the hell did Papo have to do to convince you lot to help?" asked Celi.

"Not much," answered Alex, one of the four young scientists. "We all took a bet on whether Wono would come alive or not."

"Excuse me?"

"We're easy to convince," said the scientist named Delvis. "The idea of project Wono coming to life is enough to get us to help."

"The money helps," said Tirado.

The six of them put the stone winged figure on a two-wheeler and pulled it up to the roof. They left it on the middle of the roof as everyone took a step back. There was a full moon.

"Now what?" asked the scientist named Torta.

"Give it a minute," said Papo. Everyone waited a minute and nothing happened.

"Okay who bet this thing wasn't going to come to life?" asked Tirado.

"Torta and I," said Delvis. Tirado and Alex pulled out hundred dollar bills and handed them to Delvis and Torta.

"This is disappointing," said Papo.

"It was a long shot in the first place," said Celi.

"I know. Disappointing nonetheless." Papo went over to Wono and put a hand on the two-wheeler. "Who's going to help bring him back inside?"

"I got you," said Torta as he put a hand on Wono. He quickly pulled his hand away. "Ouch."

"What?" asked Papo as he watched blood drip from Torta's hand and onto Wono.

"Must have scratched myself."

"Wait," said Papo. "Do you hear that? I think its heart is beating."

Torta put his head close to Wono's chest. "I think you're right," said Torta.

Wono came to life and grabbed Torta by the neck. Everyone watched in horror as the gargoyle snapped Torta's neck. Everyone ran inside as the gargoyle chased them. The gargoyle managed to grab Delvis before he could get inside and tossed him off the roof.

The gargoyle chased the group inside and it was Celi and Papo who led it around the facility. They had enough sense to lead Wono into an isolated chamber and locked him inside. Wono tried to escape until the morning came and it froze into position.

Earth 2994

"Only two of you died on your Earth?" asked Junior.

"From nine of us, yes," answered Papo. "We were one of the lucky Earths. One of the ones with the least amount of casualties."

"Nine of us?" asked Celi.

"By nine, he means Delvis, Papo, Celi, Lu, Junior, Joe, Torta, Tirado and Alex," answered Delvis. "The nine of us are always attached to the curse of the gargoyles on every Earth. Well, technically there are ten of us. Wono is always part of the gargoyle's curse."