Chapter 32: Betrayal

"ex.........wake up................Alex!"

Feeling his body being shaken and a faint voice shouting at him to wake up, Alex slowly opened his eyes to see that it was Theresa.

"Oh thank goodness you're okay." Said the girl with a sigh of relief.

"T-Theresa?"

The boy groaned as he slowly sat up, holding his aching head in pain.

He looked around and saw that they were in the middle of a brightly lit facility.

"Uh, where are we Theresa?" Asked the boy.

"That doesn't matter. What matters is the fact that you two trespassed into a private area of St. Freya and got sucked into the simulation. You two shouldn't be here right now." Said the girl, confirming that this was indeed the present Theresa.

"L-Look, it was all Kiana's idea that I got dragged into. More importantly, where is Kiana?"

Theresa pointed over as Alex turned to see Kiana just standing their motionless, almost as if she was in a trance.

"It seems like she's still in the simulation. Look, I don't know how you got out but I'm thankful that you did. As soon as Kiana awakens, we gotta get her outta here so we won't get caught."

Alex nodded as the two waited for the white haired girl to awaken.

Eventually, the two noticed Kiana beginning to move a bit, signaling that she was about to exit the simulation.

The two approached her as the girl looked around.

"What the hell are you doing here Kiana?" Asked Theresa.

"Hm? Sorry but you're a little too late Auntie Theresa. Me and mom already took care of the 2nd Herrscher." Proudly and smugly said Kiana as she then turned to Alex. "And where the heck were you? You just suddenly vanished right before we got the key card."

Alex really didn't wanna tell Kiana that all she had just experienced was merely a simulation and not the actual past.

"Kiana, what're you talking about? There's no one else here but us three." Said Theresa.

Kiana though just laughed a bit, clearly not believing her.

"What're you talking about? Look, my mom is right her-........."

As Kiana turned to see nobody, she gained a look of confusion and sadness.

"M-Mom?" Asked Kiana in a desperate tone.

"L-Look Kiana, Theresa can explain everything. Let's just leave before we get into anymo-."

Alex stopped himself talking as he felt a sudden gust of wind from behind them.

Suddenly, a massive dust cloud covered the area as Theresa and Alex would get knocked back as they smacked into the wall.

"A-Aunt Teri! Alex! W-Who's there!?" Shouted Kiana.

"To let nothing get in the way of our mission, please, leave the battlefield you two." Said a voice, as the dust cloud went away to reveal it was Fu Hua.

The girl looked at the two, before turning her attention back to Kiana.

'Fu Hua? Just what the hell is going on now?' Thought Alex.

"Kiana, your mother was not here. She was never here." Stenrly said the girl.

Kiana gave her a smug look before sighing.