Chapter 13: Dread

[Timeskip: Later that Night]

Nightfall had come upon today as in the dorm, everyone was having a festive dinner congratulating the three girls on passing the exams as Mei had cooked a rather large feast.

Right now at the moment everyone was feasting on any food they wanted, more accurately it was Kiana who was scarfing down the food while everyone else was eating at a normal pace.

As the diner continued on, everyone was more or less done with Kiana being the only one left eating.

Eventually she herself had finished eating as Mei went on ahead and started washing the plates.

No one had left the table yet as they were just wanting to let the food process completely before getting to bed.

During this period the girls were having chats amongst one another while Alex was just minding his own business scrolling through his phone as he saw numerous angry voicemails and texts as Alex could only sigh at seeing these.

'Crap. I can't leave until I'm paid the remaining half but the longer this takes the more clients I'm potentially losing. But at the same time if I just ask about the money, it'd make the others think that I'm only focusing on the money. All I can do is wait.' Thought Alex about his current situation.

As he pondered on this ordeal, his attention was called upon as he looked up.

"Hey kid. You listening to us? We're thanking you for helping out in battling Ganesha." Said Himeko.

"Hm? O-Oh thanks. It was nothing really." Said Alex.

"Was there something on Subject Alex's phone that was attracting his attention?" Asked Bronya.

"He was probably looking at pervy photos he's sneakily taken of us." Said Kiana who received a smack on the head from Mei.

"It's nothing important. And stop calling me a perv you pea brained snowflake." Said Alex.

"Pea brain!? I'll have you know that I'm an uber-genius!" Said Kiana as Alex sighed.

"You say that yet Himeko showed me your results. You barely squeaked past the writing portion of the exams. If it weren't for your contribution in the Ganesha fight, you probably would've ben 50/50 on passing or failing." Said Alex.

The two almost came to blows until Himeko managed to separate them.

As this happened, Bronya looked at Alex's phone and noticed all of the voicemails and messages.

"Subject Alex has 32 voicemails and 51 messages with all of them seeming to be rather angry at him." Said Bronya.

'Shit I left my phone on.' Thought Alex as there was no way out of this one.

"Yeah. Being a well known merc means that I'm being offered multiple contracts in the span of hours. As you can see, they're upset because I've been declining many of them cause I can't really leave this place until the remaining half is paid off." Said Alex.

"Why not just ask Theresa about the money? If this keeps going you'll lose more clients." Said Himeko.

"Yeah but if I did ask it probably make her feel rushed. So I'm just gonna wait." Said Alex.

"Don't worry Alex. I'm sure Theresa will pay you soon." Said Mei.

"Yeah I hope so." Said Alex.

With that conversation over, the girls all went up to their room ready to sleep while Alex sat on the couch watching television.