Chapter 6: Changed Plans

It took a while for Alex to process that words he just heard but once he realized what she said, all he could say was one thing.

"...............what?" He said slowly and quietly.

"I-I'm sorry I really am!" Shouted Theresa.

Alex couldn't be thank properly so say anything as the others in the group kept quiet while Kiana was almost in tears trying to hold her laughter.

"Sorry kid. This is all Principal Theresa can pay you right now." Said Himeko as she handed Alex what looked like a decent amount of money anyways as Alex grabbed and began to count the amount.

"Hold on. This is only half of the money I was promised. I was told that the amount I wanted wasn't too much and that I was easily gonna get it once I was done. What the hell happened?" Asked Alex.

"W-Well, after accepting the mission we kinda underestimated how much that would cost us. E-Even then we still did have enough you pay you fully! W-Well, at that time though." Somberly said Theresa.

"Then what the hell happened to cause me to only get half pay?" Asked Alex.

This lead Himeko to stare sternly at Kiana.

"We had enough but unfortunately someone just had to crash one of our drones on the way to the airship. Cause of that we had to rush in a new one which costs a hefty amount. Hence why Theresa could only pay half of the amount." Said Himeko.

When that was said, everyone turned to look at Kiana as she slowly stopped laughing, wondering why everyone was looking at her until it finally clicked in her head why.

"H-Huh!? Why's everyone blaming me for being short on money!? I was surrounded by Honkai Beasts and was fending them off!" Shouted the girl in defense.

Himeko just sighed at her response as she turned her attention back to Alex. "Either way, that's all we can give you at the moment." Said Himeko.

"D-Don't worry Mr. Mustang! As Principal of St. Freya High and as a member of the Apocalypse family I swear that I will pay you in full! J-Just give me time to get the full amount again." Pleaded Theresa hoping that Alex would listen.

Alex thought to himself a bit to get his answer straight.

While he was a bit annoyed that he wasn't getting his full pay, he really couldn't be overly upset because for the most part at least he was paid half of his due amount so he didn't want to be that type of guy.

"Alright listen. I'll give you time to pay me however not in full. I've already gotten one half of my amount so I'll keep it safe. All you need is to get the reamining half of the amount and we're done. Deal?" Asked Alex.

Theresa's face pratically lit up as she immediately shook Alex's hand.

"Y-Yes we have a deal Mr. Mustang! I'll make sure to pay you the remaining half soon!" She said as Alex chuckled.

"Just call me Alex." He said.

Theresa nodded as she walked back onto her seat at the desk.

"Well now that that's been sorted out, you three may now report to your classes for today." Said Theresa.

Mei and Bronya nodded while Kiana groaned as all three left the office as that just left Alex there.

"So, what about me? I can't exactly leave town once my business is done here." Said Alex.

"I'll give you permission to roam around campus grounds to get familiar with the place. Obviously you won't be allowed to enter restricted areas without permission." Said Theresa.