Chapter 40 - Tortured

Start from the beginning

Tortured?

So many questions roamed in my mind, yet so few time left until we would see him again. In a few seconds or so, I was sure that our own blindfolds will be taken off, and we would see him, right before our eyes.

Yet, what I didn't realize was that; Remember was in a far worse state then I had imagined.

As we go through another entrance, I then noticed something: It was darker now.

Peeking down to my feet, I saw how the floors no longer reflected any source of light. It was complete blackness. The paranoia of accidentally tripping over something lingers in my mind.

It was quieter too. By the lack of voices and sounds, I could tell that there weren't much people or experiments being operated around here. Even the zombie's noises were left behind, the moment I hear the doors slide shut behind us. All that was heard, was the sound of our footsteps and brushing of our clothes

A shiver runs down my spine. Somehow, just somehow I had a feeling that this part of the lab was going to be the scariest and the most dangerous too. Especially for Remember.

That's when we were force to another stop. A faint light glows ahead now, along with another set of buttons and clicking sounds being made to activate something.

Once it was finished, the light grows even brighter, as if having curtains being opened to early sunlight.

I gritted my teeth, wondering: Was Remember standing right there, in front of our blocked-sight?

A pair of hands then begins to untie my blindfold from the back of my skull. My whole body tenses, but relaxed once the cloth was finally lifted off my eyes. I blinked a few times, just before my sight returns. I can see again.

But at that moment, an instant pain of regret hits me, making me fall back. What I didn't expect is how better it was being blindfolded. Eyes wide, I couldn't believe my eyes. I just couldn't.

Remember was fully naked, enchained on both his hands, arms and feet. His wrists were handcuffed above his head, the chains attached to the aqua ceilings. Another pair of steel manacles was clamped upon his upper arms, linking to the silvery floors. Same goes for his feet as well. However, below his feet was a puddle of blood; HIS BLOOD.

He stood there, just a few meters away from us, separated by a thick transparent glass wall drenched in blood and scars. Red dripped off his chin, arms and even the chains itself. At least 10 to 20 kinds of different wires connected to his back and skull.

A small whimper escapes my throat. But that wasn't all.

The creepiest part was what was over his head. A pale white mask was placed upon his face, with two numbers on it: The number 16.

"R-Remember...." My voice shivers, still staring in awe at the view in front of me. I couldn't believe my eyes. Seeing Remember like this...

My mind went into a crazed frenzy.

It shouldn't be real. It wasn't real. It's not real....IT'S NOT REAL!!!

"IT's NOT REAL!!" I cried, startling almost everyone around me. Everyone but Remember. He doesn't react, doesn't speak, doesn't move and sadly, doesn't hear me.

Tears began to form in my eyes.

"Remember!!" I yelled once more and without thinking, sprinted across the laboratory Remember. Fortunately, the man behind me had lost grip of me, and was unable to react fast enough. Though my hands were still tied behind my back, I didn't care. For a moment there all that mattered to me was him. I wanted to save him, despite the major odds that were against me.

"RIMA!" Matt alarms, but it was too late. A sudden burst of pain explodes from the manacles I wore, which sends me sprawling to the floors. A strange vibrate go surging through my entire nerves, making me shiver in pain.

Luckily though, it stops just as my entire body hits the floor. Not only was my knees scrapped, but my hands felt as if they were burning!

As I lie there paralyzed, I could still feel the waves as if they were still going through my entire system. This was probably how Matt must've felt too.

And with that being said, I found myself lifted back up on my feet. And before you know it, we were done.

"Well now that that's done," He sighs. "It's time to show you to your room."

Now they were hauling us away from here. Away from Remember.

"N-NOO!!!" I struggled to go back, but it was no use. As Professor Grant leads us out of the laboratory, all eyes were focused on the crying child; Me.

__________________________

Vote/ comment please~! ^0^