Chapter 4. Clubs and Suspicions

Mulai dari awal

His tone may be soft yet the tension in the air was quite high. Managing to silence more than 100 new students, the power and authority he held was demonstrated. His presence was simply more dominating than everyone else, save a few.

"Furthermore, we in the student council do not wish to appoint anyone with a naive outlook. Not only would such a person not be elected, but he or she would also sully the sanity of the school which has been preserved for years by the preceding councils. It is the student council's right and duty to enforce and amend the rules, but the school expects more than that. We would gladly welcome those of you who will understand this."

He didn't pause once throughout his speech. Immediately after the speech's end, he got down the stage and exited the gymnasium.

Interesting.

Glancing at the two beside me, it looked like they shared the same thought as me.

"Thank you all for coming. The club fair has thus ended. We will now open the reception area for any interested students. We ask you to bring your application form directly to the club if you wish to join at a later date." The girl on the stage, Tachibana senpai said, hence concluding the club fair.

"Are you two interested in any clubs?" turning towards the other two, I inquired.

"None, at the moment, though I might check a few out. What about you Kuroko?"

"The go-home club seems interesting, but I might accompany you."

I don't really want to explore the club fair, seeing as I won't be joining any of them. On the other hand, exploring the campus seems like a better idea.

"I am thinking of exploring the campus. I will see you two later at the dorm. Bye."

"Sure, See you later. Also please do tell us if you find something interesting about the S-system, seeing as you looked like you had suspicions about it when I asked sensei." Tatsuya replied with a small smirk.

He noticed that too?

It looks like I have reevaluated him. Fairly observant with a cunning mind, he would be a great ally in the future. He also seemed to not care enough about the class, seeing the vague question he asked sensei instead of just being blunt.

I audibly sighed before responding back.

"Okay, I will. Bye for now."

[ Timeskip ]

The campus lived up to its rumours, providing any and all necessities along with recreational facilities too. A whole giant mall was full of shops with items that a teenager might need to live his daily life.

Cafes, karaoke clubs, parks, cinemas, restaurants, leisure pools and other sorts of stores, it was almost impossible to not find something you were looking for, provided it was legal. Of course, the school didn't sell anything illegal. And if they did, it wouldn't be out in the open.

There was a convenience store too, with everything a normal convenience store would have. The prices were the same as they would be for a normal store, with 1 point being worth 1 yen. A 300 yen cup of ramen only cost about 300 points. The only difference was the change of the word from yen to points, probably so that most of them would spend it carelessly.

Sensei did not lie to us, then.

Entering the store, I decided to look around. A rare few students could be found, including a hot-headed red-haired delinquent and a black-haired annoying girl, both from our class and another red-haired student, with a small smirk on his face as he observed something on a shelf of edible products.