𝓢𝓮𝓽𝓽𝓲𝓷𝓰 𝓒𝓸𝓾𝓻𝓼𝓮 𝓕𝓸𝓻 𝓓𝓪𝓻𝓸

Omega's pov
I was sitting in the cockpit with Rex in the copilots seat.

"Are you sure asteroids should be my first test? Isn't it a bit much?" Rex just waved his hand in front of me to dismiss it.

"Nonsense. You got this Megs! Besides if I see one sign of trouble I'll turn us right back around. Okay?" I took a deep breath in and then out.

"Okay."

"Great. Now first turn on the gravity please. I'm getting just about tired of floating above your head."

"Oh! Right. Heh my bad." We both chuckled as he splatted on the floor like a soggy ration bar. I helped him up and he got situated in his seat.

"Now turn on the flight stabilizers and-" we were interrupted by a loud frequent beeling sound coming from the console that made me jump.

"Were being hailed. Who's it from?" I tapped the contact but when i saw the name of 'Rex' clearly displayed on the screen I gasped and loiked at him shocked and worried.

"It's... you." How could this happen? Was he hacked? Is he being hacked? Was his identity stolen or the biggest question of all, is Fives playing a prank on us? Rex was clearly as concerned as I was.

"Put it through." He stood up from his seat and walked over to the back of the cockpit. It was temptimg to press the decline button but I refrained and followed orders instead. I selecred the answer and up came a bright blue hologram of someone I couldn't see from behind. I closed my eyes and tried to feel through the force who it was. Whoever it was it almost matched Rex's force signature.

"Kix! Oh thank the force it's you! You had me worried sick. What's up?" Who is Kix? I got out of the pilots seat to get a better look. I gqsped when I saw the man in a hood. Whoever this stranger is he scared me for some reason so with a quick mikent of joy thinking about how weak it would make me look I hugged Rex around the waist and buried my face behind his back. What the heck am I doing?

"Rexter who is this man?" He opened his mouth to respond but was cut off by the mysterious man in a cloak.

"Hi little'un. I wish there was more time for formalities and introductions but I'm afraid I am in desperate need of your help." The way Rex was listenung intently and his heartbeat was normal i could tell it was a good stranger. Maybe not even a stranger at all.

"What do you need buddy?" Buddy? Okay yeah weve definitely passed stranger and went straight into old friend.

"This morning Wolffe and I received a distress signal from a cline trooper. Unfortunately we are a bit tied up at the moment to go and fetch him."

"When who and wherever it is, we'll be there." He promised the man. I leaped away from him.

"Rex did you just take a mission with no one elses consent!?"

"I don't need anyone's permission to help a friend. We'll get the rest of the team on board when we get back. Anything else Kix?" I scoffed and crossed my arms trying to hide the smirk on my face. This is honestly what I probably would do anyways.

"Sorry friends, I can't talk right now. Transmitted his signal. I'll be in touch- oh! And one last thing. Tell Fives I refuse to waste anymore bacta patches on his sorry ass. Oop, sorry kid." Rex waved him off like he did with me earlier.

"Don't sweat it Kix. We'll get right on it. Oh and Omega has heard much worse than that." He nodded and laughed before gasping. Laser fire erupted from in front of him but the man called Kix expertly dodged it and holstered his own blaster.

"Good luck." And just like that he suddenly disappeared. I looked up at Rex to see the mixture of emotions flash in his eye.

"Rex?"