ice cream brings all the boys to the yard - chapter 18

SODIDIDJSJ NO I LOVE THIS TITLE AND I NEED TO MAKE IT A TITLE OF A ONESHOT OK idk why i love it it's so bad jejdnddndnn

"thomas, are you going to mope around and refuse to talk to newt?" teresa groaned, putting her head in her hands as she leant on the door frame. 

thomas pretended to think about it. "i mean, it doesn't sound like such a bad option, does it really? so, yes. yes, i am." he took another spoonful of his second tub of ice cream, which was nearly finished. 

"your ice cream is nearly finished. ha." she came up with an idea.

the male automatically saw the mischievous look in her eyes and became suspicious. "what are you planning..." he narrowed his eyes. "wait, fuck, is there no ice cream left? no! fuck my life."

she frowned. "sadly not." lie. "guess you'll either have to sit there and cry or come down and get something else."

thomas scoffed, turning back to the tv. "you're not tricking me like that."

"aw, okay."

she definitely knew he would not come down. 

so, on to plan B.

"right. i'm leaving you."

thomas raised an eyebrow at her quick exit, but shrugged nevertheless as she was infuriating at times and he wanted her to just go away.

thomas was almost dropping off when there was a knock at his door. 

he groaned, forcing himself to wake up. "teresa, i swear to god, if you've woken me up without ice cream i'm going to- oh."

he blinked a few times, making sure his eyes were not deceiving him and it was in fact newt stood there with a tub of ice cream in his hand.

"give me the fucking ice cream, blondie." he narrowed his eyes, trying to sound intimidating. 

newt definitely did not feel intimidated as he tried to suppress a smirk. "no."

"you do not get to come up here and refuse me ice cream. i need my ice cream. and i need you to go away. so, chop chop, give us the ice cream and you can be on your way." okay, he was still pissed at newt, but the man had ice cream. ice cream is superior. 

(i don't even like ice cream that much ok)

"on one condition."

thomas let out an exaggerated groan, letting his head hit the wood on the back of the bed. "what the fuck do you want now?"

"i'll give you the ice cream if you let me speak." he walked into the room and sat on the bed next to him. "please."

he let out his 3rd groan of the day. "why do you have to do this?" 4th groan. "fine. i want my ice cream so don't you go thinking i'm doing this because of you."

newt frowned, but nodded. "i wouldn't dare. look, i know i've been a bloody bit-" 

thomas yawned, picking up the remote. "shut up, i need to turn pride and prejudice off before you have a rant." he painstakingly slowly paused netflix. "okay, carry on." 

the brit looked up at the ceiling, irritated but quiet. "i'm sorry for being so-"

the brunet opened the ice cream tub, making a noise as the wrapper came off. "oh my god, i'm so sorry." he sounded so sarcastic, and it was taking all his willpower to not laugh.

newt bit his lip to stop himself from saying anything he'd regret later. "are you finished now?"

thomas waited a second. "yeah. yeah i am." he fiddled with the remote, even though he wasn't watching anything.

"okay, look, tommy, i know i was a bitch. i didn't mean to say anything, i just got so pissed and i just had to and i wasn't thinking straight." he let out an agitated noise. "it's my fault, i shouldn't have said anything and i really regret it. i'm-"

the f.r.i.e.n.d.s theme tune started playing as thomas had accidentally clicked on an episode. "oops."

newt let out an irritated noise (agitated noise 2.0). he stole the remote and ice cream from thomas' hands, and straddled him. "okay. tommy. fucking listen to me. i know you're doing this on bloody purpose. i'm sorry, okay? i don't know what you want me to say, or do about it. i cant go back in time to change it, but if i could then i would, alright? i love you, and i regret saying anything to your mom who did sort of deserve it, but still. i know you want her recognition, i see it with myself, and i'm sorry if i just ruined your chance of getting it. so, i'm sorry. i'm fucking sorry, okay?"

thomas opened and closed his mouth like a fish, but didn't know what to say. newt wanted to kiss his stupid mouth. "i... uh.. you love me?"

newt felt like screaming. "i just had a rant to you and that's all you pick out?"

"i mean.. yeah?" he smiled. "i just wanted an apology. i didn't mean to get so pissed about it, i was just on edge and it just riled me up more, i guess. it's just me being dramatic."

the blond shook his head. "you weren't being dramatic, you were being reasonable." 

thomas 'umm-ed' and 'arr-ed' for a second, shrugging. "i don't think i was being reasonable, but whatever." 

"oh, shut up." he rolled his eyes. 

the brunet smiled. "make me." he closed his eyes. "you're on my lap." 

newt blushed, looking down at thomas' lips. "good observation. i am on your lap." he paused, leaning forward. "can i kiss you then?" 

"yeah." 

thomas met newt in the middle, capturing his lips. 

when he pulled away, he said one simple thing.

 "i love you too, blondie." 

LALALALALALALALALALA THE BOYS ARE WAITING LALALALLA WARM IT UP LALALALALALALALLA THE BOYS ARE WAITING MY MILKSHAKE BRINGS ALL THE BOYS TO THE YARD AND THEYRE LIKE ITS BETTER THAN YOURS LIKE DAMN RIGHT ITS BETTER THAN YOURS I COULD TEACH U BUT I HAVE TO CHARGE

ok sorry not sorry

uh this is shorter

i lied it'll probably be 2 or 3 more chapters :')