road trip p.1 - chapter 8

they were already sat in the car. they had planned everything.

well, teresa had. 

thomas had been an annoying brat half the time.

but anyway, they were all waiting for chuck and thomas to come outside, which they were taking their sweet time on doing. it was rather infuriating. 

brenda, who is actually sensible, was already in the car, snuggled up next to sonya, in the back.

there was a specific seating plan. 

at the middle-back, in the 3 seats, there was thomas in the middle, chuck on his left and newt on his right. 

in the front seats, there was alby, gally and frypan.

in the passenger seat, next to the driver - teresa - was minho. 

right at the back, behind newt, thomas and chuck were sonya and brenda.

but thomas and chuck were still being infuriatingly late.

"i swear to fucking god, i told this bitch to hurry up. chuck's probably being held hostage by tom." brenda huffed, clicking her knuckles. 

"mr pol-hee-hee-ice is taking ages." minho groaned. 

teresa scrunched up her face in disgust, looking at minho. "call him mr pol-hee-hee-ice one more time and i'm actually gonna throw you out the car. it's almost as annoying as his lack of punctuality."

gally, frypan and alby suddenly started laughing at something on gally's phone. 

"if it's gonna be like this the whole way, i'm gonna kick you all out except for sonya and newt, and possibly chuck." the female driving sighed. "we need music." 

brenda snickered. "let thomas put music on. he's got a whole playlist called 'newt songs'. and it's got a love heart at the end." 

newt's head shot up at the sound of his name. as he realised what brenda had just said, he felt his face heat up. "uh-" 

just as he was about to continue his sentence, the door slammed open from the other side of where he was sat. 

"sorry about the wait! thomas kept me hostage and i couldn't come out." chuck rolled his eyes, forcing his brother into the middle seat of the car. 

"told you." brenda smirked.

teresa turned round to look at the people in the car. more specifically, thomas. "hey, tom. brenda just told us that you have a playlist of songs that remind you of newt?" 

"no." he spoke way too sudden, so it was rather obvious it was of course true.

"mind if we play it?" 

"yes. yes i do mind, actually." 

"great! thanks, let's get spotify up." 

and that's how thomas and newt ended up very embarrassed. 

i mean, who wouldn't be embarrassed after finding out this one boy you just happened to have a tiny crush on (you met him, what, like not even a month ago) has a playlist for yOU.

and, then, with thomas - HE HAD A PLAYLIST FOR NEWT. self-explanatory, really. very embarrassing. 

thomas got over it easily enough, though, when he started to sing to the songs he had added. 

newt, on the other hand, was head over heels for the boy. and his lack of enthusiasm seemed to show, as people kept picking up on it. 

"newt, are you alright?" teresa had asked, frowning slightly. of course newt had said he was fine, just a bit tired.