hey, can i have you - chapter 4

once again, minho and newt were wandering around london, after shopping.

"hey, newt! i have a good idea." minho spoke, a smirk toying on his lips.

"what?" he sighed, not even bothering to complain or hate on the thought of minho having an idea.

"we should go to mr pol-hee-hee's cafe! well, not his, but the one he works at, anyway."

"tommy's?"

"yes, the cafe your tommy works at."

"he's not my tommy!" newt averted his gaze to the floor to his left, blushing.

"yeah, but you wish he was." 

"go away." he sighed. "but yeah, can we go to that cafe?"

"yeah, but make sure to get his number this time. you actually need to socialise with him without embarrassing yourself."

"i didn't even embarrass myself! i mean, i don't know. probably did." he frowned. "god, did i embarrass myself, minho? he's gonna think i'm an actual lunatic, bloody hell, help, oh my god."

"calm down, i'm just kidding." minho put his arms up in surrender. "he probably thought you were hot."

"minho!"

—————————————

the bell rung at the cafe thomas worked at, signalling someone new had walked in. thomas, out of interest, looked at the door, once again hoping it was someone in particular. 

"thomas, what the hell are you looking at? are you waiting for someone?" brenda raised an eyebrow, making a coffee for a customer.

"no! i don't know what you're talking about." he bit the inside of his cheek nervously.

"hmm. have you got a little crushie wushie?" 

"what?! no!"

"whatever you say. but seriously, are you hoping that someone's gonna walk in?"

"no. i'm just nosey."

"alright."

thomas perked up at the sound of the bell ringing again. 

"eyy, mr pol-hee-hee-ce!" a familiar voice called out.

"oh. hey, minho!"

"hey tommy." 

"newt!" the brunette smiled widely, before realising he probably sounded much more overenthusiastic than he had planned. god, newt probably thought he was a creepy stalker at this point.

well, newt didn't. 

he matched thomas' smile, walking over to him. "you seem to be glad to see me." he rolled his eyes playfully, resting on the counter. 

"what can i say, you've got a much better personality than teresa." 

the british blushed slightly, looking at the floor. "it doesn't take much to beat teresa." 

"true."

"oh, um, tommy, i have something to ask?" 

"what is it?" 

"uhhh, can i, uh, hey, can i have you?-" he looked up, mesmorised by his face. god, he was so pretty. he looked so curious, eyes wide and glaring, a smile on his face.

thomas blinked. "can you.. have me?" his face heated up.

"your number! can i have your number!" newt instantly averted his gaze to the floor, probably looking like a tomato.