CHRISTMAS ICE SKATING BABY - chapter 13

christmas chapter in january lets go

im crying over oasis songs and i dont know why they just have that effect on me idk

thomas shook newt awake, kneeling beside him in the bed.

"it's christmas, blondie! wake up!" he slapped the blond across the face a few times, causing him to groan and roll over. 

"i know it's bloody christmas, but i need my sleep even on christmas." he whined. "what time is it anyway?"

"spoilsport." he huffed. "but, uh, it's like 5 in the morning. not even that early." 

"wait, what? 5 in the morning?" newt gasped, instantly rolling back over and sitting up. "uh, that's literally so late. why did you wake me up this late?!" 

"i've been trying to wake you up for like 5 hours, shut up." he rolled his eyes, overexaggerating. "it's, like, whatever though." he imitated a weirdass voice and put a hand on his hip as best as he could even though he was kneeling in bed. "no, but seriously, get up you reptile you!"  

he shot thomas a glare, but pulled the duvet off him. "okay. have you woken anybody else up?"

"with my shouting? probably." 

"yeah. would've thought so."

as if on cue, a screech was heard from a nearby room. 

"what the bloody hell was that?" newt's eyes widened as he stood up to go check it out. what if someone was hurt? 

thomas scoffed. "that? that was my maniac of a younger brother." 

"bloody pterodactyl family." the blond flopped back onto the bed, rolling his eyes and containing a laugh.

thomas, though, was counting on his fingers, down from 3. 

3.

newt furrowed his brows, eyes scanning from thomas' fingers to his eyes.

2.

okay. this was weird. what the hell was he counting down from.

1.

thomas' eyes went over to the bedroom door, so newt followed them. 

0. 

newt flinched as the door was slammed open, having a heart attack when a chubby, curly haired boy ran through with a santa hat on. 

"it's christmas, bitches!" chuck yelled. "i better have a present from you, thomas. i'll have your head on my wall if i don't."

thomas put his hands up in mock surrender. "woah, calm there, buddy. i have got you a present, don't fret."

"good. alright, can we hurry up and get ready and wake everyone up so we can go fucking ice skating?! open presents later i'm more excited for ice skating."

"ice skating over presents? never thought i'd live to see the day." thomas hummed. 

"ice skating is cute, and you two are gonna fall into each other." he paused. "i guess we could say.. you two are gonna fall for each other!"

"fuck you."

------------------------------

the ice skating rink was very pretty.

there were christmas lights hung up, and fake plastic ivy trims hooked around the picket fencing. romantic. the archway to the entrance of it was just a classical archway, with flowers attached to it.

but, it was surprisingly open on christmas day.

probably because the person running it was also on the ice, so they decided 'hey, let's be nice and let people have romance'.