Chapter 16: Second Task

The Weasley Twins are shouting, busy taking bets.

Harry is walking along with Neville, he has some green plantlife in his hand.

Harry: You're sure about this Neville.

Neville: Absolutely.

Harry: For an hour.

Neville: Most likely.

Harry: Most likely?

Neville: Well there is some debate among herbologists as to effects of freshwater versus saltwater.

Harry: You're telling me this now? You must be joking.

Neville: I just wanted to help.

Harry: Well that makes you sight better than Ron and Hermione. Where are Hermione and Laura anyway?

Meanwhile, Sky was in the bench along with Ron. They keep looking for Hermione or Laura but there's no sight of them to be seen anywhere.

Sky: You sure there's no one left in the common room?

Ron: Not even a single person. I don't really know where's Hermione and Laura.

Sky let out a worried sigh.

Draco: Worried?

Sky: Pretty much. I'm worrying for Harry, even my sister and Hermione.

Draco: What about them?

Sky: They're nowhere to be seen.

Draco: Are you sure?

Sky: Well me and Ron checked everywhere.

Draco was thinking of a place where Laura might stay. He noticed Sky was also doing the same. He decided to stay at her side for a bit longer to somehow help her.

Meanwhile...

Neville: You seem a little tense Harry.

Harry: Do I?

Dumbledore (Over the loudspeaker): Welcome to the second task. Last night something was stolen from each of our champions. A treasure of sorts. These four treasures, one for each champion, now lie on the bottom of the lake. In order to win each champion only find their treasure and return to the surface. Except for this, they will have one hour only. After that they'll be on their own.

Mad-Eye: Put that in your mouth, Harry.

Harry pulls the gilliweed in his mouth and starts choking.

Dumbledore: You may begin at the start of the canon.

The cannon fires and the champions enter the water, three of them dive in while harry is pushed. underwater the effects of gilliweed take hold, Harry's hands and feet become webbed.

Seamus: What's the matter with him?

Neville: Oh my god I've killed Harry Potter!

Harry flies into the air like a dolphin and the crowd cheer.

Sky finally laughed as soon as she saw Harry fly to the air like a dolphin. Draco smiled at her but tried to hide it. 

Underwater, harry swims among the fish and rocks. Singing voices start echoing. We see Fleur get trapped, she screams.

Dumbledore (over the loudspeaker): The Beaxbatons Champion Miss Delacour has unfortunately been forced to retire. She will take no further part in this task.

Harry is still searching around. He hears muffled screams. He finds Hermione, Cho, Laura, and blonde girl from Beauxbatons tied in place by their ankles. Cedric is there, he takes Cho with him. Harry sets about freeing Laura and Hermione but vicious merpeople appear.

Harry: But- she's my friend too!

Merperson: Only one.

What looks like a shark approaches at high speed. It has legs and it's Viktor. He takes Hermione and heads for the surface. Harry frees Laura.

Cedric and Cho emerge, the crowd cheers. Viktor and Hermione next, the crows chants 'Krum, Krum, Krum'. The Beauxbatons girls look worried.

Ron: It's Hermione! What was she doing under the water?

Sky: If Hermione was there then it means my sister is there too!

Underwater, Harry looks over and sees the blonde girl that Fleur was unable to rescue. He loosens her rope too and starts heading for the surface with the both of them. He attacked and gets held down, he pushes Laura and the girl towards the surface.

Laura and the girl come up, they are coughing but safe. they were helped out of the water by a girl from Beauxbatons. 

Sky quickly went to Laura and gave her a hug. Draco followed her and finally his worries flew away. He was also worried for his friend Laura.

Underwater, Harry casts a spell which propels him towards the surface, he flies out and lands on the decking where the crowd are.

Dumbledore: Harry!

Barty: Get him another towel.

Dumbledore: I want all the judges over here now.

Harry: Laura- Laura! Are you alright?

Laura: I'm fine-

Laura was still catching her breath then Harry gave her a smile.

Fleur: You saved her, even though she wasn't yours to save. My little sister!

Fleur kisses Harry on the cheek. Everyone witnessed that and the others felt awkward.

Fleur: And you... you helped my little sister land on the deck!

Fleur hugged her.

Laura: i- uhh Merci.

Hermione and Ron comes up to Harry and Laura with a towel.

Hermione: Harry! Are you alright? You must be freezing! Personally I think you behave admirably!

Harry: i finished last Hermione.

Hermione: Next to last.

Dumbledore: Attention! Attention! The winner is... Mr. Diggory.

Cedric and his friends cheer along with the other students.

Dumbledore: For showing unique commands of the bubblehead shark. The Way I see it, Mr. Potter would have finished first had it not been have for his determination to rescue not only Ms. Sorvolo but the others as well. We've agreed to award him second place! For outstanding moral fibre.

Students were cheering. Sky couldn't control herself but hug Draco out of excitement. Draco froze at his spot. Harry and Laura on the other hand hugged each other too. Hermione and Ron were cheering for Harry.

They start to walk out of the deck. Barty Crouch was waiting for Harry.

Barty Crouch: Congratulations Potter, fine achievement. Well done boy. I'm sorry we haven't spoken, after all your story is one I've heard many times. Quite remarkable. Tragic of course, to lose one's family. Never whole again are we? Still, life goes on. And here we stand. I'm sure your parents would be very proud today, Potter.

Mad-Eye: Bartimus! Not trying to lure Potter into one of the ministry's summer internships are we? Last boy who went into the department of ministries never came out!

Barty walks away from Mad-Eye.

Mad-Eye: And they say I'm mad.