Chapter 65

"She just reached the professor's house sir. She didn't call anyone on the way back. I am alert and on the watch."

"Good Ajay. She will have to return to the Oberoi mansion today and try to find a way to talk to Tej. Tell me if her husband comes to take her back," Girish instructed his spy.

"Do I need to do anything more to break the bond? He will still listen to us until we give the video to him."

"Do not test your luck too much Ajay. I still doubt if Omkara believed you. He might just be dancing to your tunes until he finds something to nab you. Gauri is as important to him as she is to us. We should speed up things so as to not give the Oberois time to get to the truth."

"But sir, even if he didn't believe us, we can continue to ..."

"No we cannot you idiot because we don't have a video to give to him. If we threaten him at gun point, he might agree but adamantly ask for proof. In that case, he might know about our bluff."

Ajay shut his mouth thereafter. Girish was indeed right. They were hanging by a thin thread of luck and if that snaps, they were doomed.

"Just be watchful and do nothing unless you are told to. It is not your job to think."

"Sure sir," he agreed and ended the call.

*******************************************************

Gauri waited until the door opened and quickly walked inside. She could feel eyes following her and it felt unnerving.

The moment she entered the house, she was enveloped in a protective embrace and she need not open her eyes to tell that it was her husband who had offered her the sense of safety.

"You are not going to repeat that stunt ever again," he mumbled to her and she nodded hugging him back.

"Thank god you came back in time Gauri or else Omkara was all set to step out of the house to get you," said Arjun's wife.

Gauri parted from her husband and looked at him with reprimand.

"You are making everyone worry Omkara ji."

"Why should I be the only one suffering?" came the reply and Arjun laughed shaking his head.

"Alright, you too must be having a lot to talk. Go and rest in your room. We will inform Himani and Mithila that you reached safely."

Omkara readily took the chance and whisked his wife away from the couple.

******************************************************************

"Gauri, you don't blame me for the fire accident right? Please tell me that you don't hate me. I promise I have no idea of anything and I would stand by you if my father had wronged you."

"What are you saying Omkara ji," Gauri said shaking her head in a no.

"I know that you will be with me but I also know that Girish Goenka was lying. He just set a trap Omkara ji. I am sure we will get to know the truth soon."

"If you ask me, my father can do anything. I won't believe him for a second."

"Shhh. This is your anger speaking. Calm down and think with a cool mind. If papa ji did this, he would have tried to eliminate all kinds of evidence that would have proved him wrong."

"Wasn't Karan saying the same thing? He said Mr. Oberoi sent the goons to kill Shukla."

"And gave him to Goenka? Come on Omkara ji. Shukla is kidnapped by Goenka, not papa ji. The culprit is Girish not papa ji."