Chapter 6

Karan Shukla scratched his head, his sane brain repeating the same questions again. Unable to keep up with the drama any longer, he decided to finally let the people sitting before him know of his thoughts.

"Umm... so your brother... I mean Shivaay fought with Anika who was his wife then... because she had called your brother..... that is Omkara, illegitimate and wanted to share...no divide the property?" he asked Rudra.

"Yeah... he divorced her for it"

"Okay... so why did you return Anika?" he directed the question to the lady in the room.

"After our divorce Shivaay had stopped living... I wanted to make him normal"

"Ohh... then why are you marrying me? I mean I know it is fake but still... why even tell him that you have moved on?"

"Because he should not know the reason why I left him in the first place... I wanted that tadibaaz, ishqbaaz Shivaay back... I promised them" she said pointing to her brother in laws.

"Acha... so you do that by marrying some other person and make him feel worse than before? I mean... If my ex-wife came back happily engaged to somebody else... I would be miserable... forget the tadibaazi, I would drown into a deeper well, at the state of my life" he put down his thoughts and the trio stared at him.

"Ummm... can't you people talk things out? If he is ready to forgive you ...you can make up"

"I can't... my mother in law still holds an upper hand... I should make him believe that we cannot get back together"

Karan sighed "Is the secret that important?"

"Yes... it would destroy him"

"Have you cross checked the facts? Because your mother in law seems to hate you so much that I won't put it past her that... she fabricated everything" he said while they thought of the possibility in complete silence.

"How do we do it?" Rudra asked felling hopeful.

"I don't know... I would have done some investigation if you had let me...but the secret seems to be too personal?"

"Yes... sorry that we can't let that out" said Rudra.

"I don't mind really... I can do my part and leave... Shivaay just needs a face for the name you blurted out and I am going to give him one... if the plan is still on... you sure you guys cannot solve things any other way?"

The trio nodded their heads in confirmation and he nodded back with a smile.

"Shivaay has people who can check your background" Anika said.

"I have my tracks well covered baby... I might appear weird with my over friendliness but I assure you that I am good at my job... you just need to tell me what you want my identity to be"

"We haven't thought of it yet... may be a businessman?"

"Uh..huh... no... when you want to dupe someone, you should choose a profession which his not under his expertise... how about an artist? I can use my current cover... maybe I can improve on my status quotient... Instead of a drama company I will shift to theaters... they earn well I heard"

"Thank you so much for the help Karan... I really..." Anika started when he cut her off.

"Woah... too emotional...Start calling me Vikram first.... Who knows you might blurt my name out in front of your ex" he quipped and that brought out a genuine smile from the brothers as well.

Karan looked at his watch and widened his eyes "Hey I am running late... I have to leave now" he said getting up from his place.

"No... stay for lunch please" Rudra asked and his brother nodded his head in agreement.