Chapter 42

***not edited..

*****************************

"Your mother will be okay Mrs. Oberoi. Her blood haemoglobin levels are moderately low and that can be corrected with some iron sucrose injections. Later, she can be shifted to a course of tablets. Make sure that she will not skip eating diet rich in iron," the doctor advised and Gauri nodded her head.

"She is adamant on not staying here for more days doctor."

"No issues, you can take two doses in a gap of two weeks. Take the first injection here and the rest, you can make her take it in your local hospital."

"Thank you so much."

"Pleasure. Let me know when we can schedule the appointment for her."

"Sure, I will talk to her," said Gauri and took her leave to join her mother and mother in law who were waiting for her outside the doctors cabin.

"I am not going to stay here any longer," Sharada announced to her daughter who rolled her eyes in response.

"You don't need to maa, we are going home now."

"Finally!! I thought we are going to stay here for days. Doctors and their never ending tests," Gauri heard her mother say.

"You are not supposed to talk like that maa. You have some deficiency in blood and so..."

"Is it serious Gauri?" Jhanvi questioned in worry.

"No maa ji. Doctor said that it is a common ailment."

"What is the need for so many tests for a simple illness? I tell you, they are here only to loot people," Sharada stated.

Jhanvi chuckled and she continued.

"I am telling you Gauri, I am feeling absolutely fine. Don't waste money unnecessarily."

"Maa, how do you know that you are alright? The doctor said..."

"He doesn't know anything. Mujhse sab pata hai, I have seen it in many movies and serials," she argued and Gauri sighed tiredly turning to her mother in law for help.

"Okay, let us leave this discussion for now Sharada ji. Do you not want to go home?" said Jhanvi.

"Haa Jhanvi ji. We should leave or else they might admit me here. Come fast," she agreed before hurrying outside.

***************************************************

They were travelling in the car when Sharada thought it was the right time to warn her daughter.

"We left the discussion alright but I am telling you beforehand. I do not want any more blood to be drawn from me and no more injections."

"Your mother reminds me of Rudra when he was a child," Jhanvi said with a chuckle and Gauri smiled looking at her mother.

"In other words maa ji is saying that you are throwing tantrums like a child," she said and Jhanvi widened her eyes.

"No Gauri, I did not mean it that way."

"It is okay Jhanvi ji. I did not take any bad from it," Sharada said with a smile making her relax.

"So, Rudra did not like hospitals too. What about Damaad ji?" she asked and Gauri eagerly waited to know the answer.

"Om was a very obedient child. No such tantrums at all. Though Rudra made a fuss to go to the doctors while he was with me or others, when he was with his brothers, he used to go quietly. Those three brothers were inseparable since they were kids," she said with a fond smile.