Chapter 62

"I trust you because I love you Gauri."

Her heart skipped a beat.

Did he just...?

Did she just hear him say...?

How long has she been craving for those words? Days...months... or has it been years?

"I believe in our love more than anything else," she heard him say.

His eyes held no doubt when he looked at her saying those words and the tears were a proof that he was as much in pain as her, for hurting her sometime back.

Gauri's hands held his face to bring it closer and the room fell away. Never did she feel that out of control in kissing him. She struggled to breath, bite and bathe in his essence all at the same time while her husband tried to mix their bodies into one.

Omkara tasted of love, trust and passion.

She wouldn't have asked for more. Nothing else mattered except for him. Never did it mater before either.

Happiness dripped out of her eyes and flowed down her cheeks making her husband pull out of their intimate moment.

"Stop crying," he said, soothingly kissing her cheeks.

"I am not able to stop them," she croaked with a small smile, wiping his tears.

"I am sorry for hurting you Gauri."

She shook her head in a no and chuckled.

"I am so happy right now that I can't seem to stop the happy tears," she said making him sigh.

"Can you tell me that again?" she asked and his lips curved into a smile.

"I love you Gauri. I don't think I had ever loved anyone as much as I love you."

She grinned, giving him a rewarding peck and then embraced him tight.

Gauri closed her eyes to hear the rhythmic beat of her husband's heart as he gently caressed her hair.

It took minutes before she broke the symphony of lub-dubs.

"Thank you Omkara ji," she mumbled into his chest and he kissed the top of her head.

"I cannot tell you how much this means to me," she said pressing her cheek to him.

Omkara closed his eyes and let his tears freely flow.

"I was blaming my Shankar ji for making you come into my life. For giving me so much pain, but I should have had more trust on him," he heard her say.

"I should have had more trust in you," she said.

Should he be angry with Gauri's Shankar ji for ruining everything that he planned for their moment or should he thank him for giving Gauri to him?

Should he curse his luck for never siding with him or should he thank it for letting him cross paths with the love of his life?

It was just hours ago that he hurt her so bad. He could sense the heartbreak through the pain her eyes. Yet, with one confession, she forgave him. She accepted without complaint and for that he could never be on par with her.

Never can he be as selfless as her and never had he loved as unconditionally as her.

Gauri felt her husband body shake with grief as he hugged her with utmost gentleness. His sobs weren't loud to echo in the silent room but they weren't low enough to not be heard.

"You asked me not to cry so that you could take over that task?" she asked.

"No," she heard him mumble.