Chapter 31

I had to update this yesterday but I wasn't in the right mood...

Belated Birthday wishes to you Sawi...TheSilentBirdie

And thank you so much Naina... that's so sweet of you to go through so much Shivika stuff and watch those tiring ishqbaaz episodes to help me... Naina8721

I hope you like the update...🤗🤗😍

************************************
"Harshvardhan Trivedi?" the name rolled out of Shivaay's lips.

"He was the son of Shrikant Trivedi, your dada ji's friend. Things didn't go well between the elders. Shrikant uncle who was one of the share holders in the company, opted out and started a new business which did not go in his favor. He suffered loses and his family had to bear the consequences," Tej said as he decided it was best if he told his nephew the story.

"Harsh blamed us for his father's wrong decision. He was a journalist and he used media to defame us, saying we Oberois do not follow ethical guidelines in managing the business. That costed us so much Shivaay. In fact, the company was going through a budget deficit when the accident happened."

Shivaay silently listened as his uncle continued.

"After the accident, he alleged that it is us who wantedly put fire to destroy our own company so that we could get the insurance claim and start afresh."

"What? And is that true?" the younger one asked.

"How could you even ask that? We would never do something like that Shivaay."

"What happened then?"

"As if situation wasn't bad enough, the day after Harsh made the statement, a fire accident happened in his house."

"Oh my God!!"

"Harsh died in the accident. He had two daughters with him and none of them were found in the remains. The police investigated the case and concluded that it was a mishap. The girls were not found till date."

"So, do you think it is someone who is related to Harshvardhan Trivedi who must be looking for revenge?" Shivaay asked.

"I cannot think of anyone else who would have that kind of motive."

Shivaay nodded his head, thinking of ways to get over this trouble named Trivedi.

He might need Karan's help again. Making a mental note to call him shortly, he spoke to his father.

"Okay, let me see what I can do and please you two, try telling me things before they become actual problems. If you did not do anything wrong why didn't you talk about this before dad?"

"Why would we? It never came up for discussion until we heard Jai Vardhan's name," Tej replied.

Shakti sighed and said, "It had been nothing short of a nightmare Shivaay. There was no solid prof but all the incidents happened in such a way that we both looked like murders. We didn't want you to believe that. Didn't you ask the same few minutes ago?"

"Not to forget my very virtuous son," Tej said.

"Omkara, if he got to know things, he would have been the first to accuse us of the crime."

"You have very less trust on us. If the police investigation went correctly and if you were acquitted, why will we question you?"

"Because the investigation did not go correctly," Shakti revealed.

Shivaay widened his eyes when Tej further explained.

"A few days before the incident, Nitesh Kapoor who was the manager, came to us with a proposition. He told us that if we light the fire and create that as an accident, we would get the money. Shakti out rightly refused but I had been silent."