You'd Be Paranoid Too

Two days later, we get the news that we can finally go home. We'll have to bring Syd back in for checkups and chemo treatments, but other than that, the doctors say she should be alright at home.

To be perfectly honest, I'm so damn excited to go home. I have not left the hospital once since Syd was admitted. Florence went to the apartment to get us clothes and stuff, and David and Ash have been running the shop.

"C'mon, my demon spawn, we're almost ready," I say. Florence had something work-related, but agreed to meet us at the apartment later.

I help Syd change out of her hospital gown and into some sweatpants. The bandages have been removed but she didn't like the bright pink scar on her head, so she's been wearing a beanie. Since all the necessary discharge forms have already been signed, I sling our duffel bag over my shoulder and pick Syd up, resting her on my hip to carry her out of the hospital.

I buckle her into her car seat, making a funny face to provoke a laugh. She's awfully quiet as we ride through the city, so I suggest, "You know, some ice cream sounds pretty good right now..."

She gasps, and I look in the rearview mirror to see her eyes as wide as saucers. "Please! Can we please get ice cream, Momma, please?!"

"Hmm, I don't know," I pretend to debate it.

"Please, I swear I'll be good forever and ever," she begs.

"Forever and ever, huh? Sounds like a deal to me. We'll get whatever kind of ice cream you want."

She cheers and I change course to her favorite ice cream shop, playing her favorite song, "You'd Be Paranoid Too" by Waterparks. I pretend not to notice when she sings the swear words. As long as she isn't swearing at someone, I don't really care. Although if that someone deserves it, I'm perfectly alright with her calling them a fuckwad.

We get there and order two soft serve cones—strawberry for me and cotton candy for the little satanist. Sitting at a picnic table, she swings her legs and bounces around as she focuses intently on the frozen desert in front of her. Definitely a step up from that shit they call hospital food.

She's much more hyper on the ride home, likely due to the sugar electrifying her system and rotting her teeth. When we get to the apartment, she runs into her bedroom to check on each of her stuffed animals as I unpack our stuff and clean up a bit. After that it's bath time, and then we sit down on the couch to watch a movie.

She tries to hide it, but I can tell she still gets really tired. We've been fortunate so far because she hasn't gotten extremely sick from the chemo, but she still isn't in top condition. After a few hours, there comes a knock on the door and a smile breaks out on my face because I know exactly who it is.

I get up and open the door, leaning against it and watching the woman in the hallway in awe. "Hey," I whisper with a smile.

"Hi," she giggles. She looks over my shoulder to see if Syd is looking. I guess she isn't, because Florence leans in and presses a brief, yet passionate kiss to my lips, then walks into the apartment, leaving me flustered.

"Asshole," I mutter as I walk past her in the kitchen, grabbing a bottle of water from the fridge.

"Why such vulgarity, hm?"

"If you think that's vulgar, you're in for quite the surprise," I whisper in her ear. This time, it's me who leaves her flustered. This is the way things have gone for the past few weeks. When things with Syd's condition don't feel so hopeless, we always end up sneaking more kisses and whispering dirty secrets.

I'm not gonna fucking lie, I really need to get laid. The sexual tension is killing me.

"People treat me like I'm an asshole, but I don't text when I drive though! I can't say that they're all wrong, no, cause I still use straws on the down low!" Syd screams the lyrics, running around the living room and eventually throwing herself at Flo's legs in a giant bear hug.

"What in heaven's name are you singing?" Flo asks with a laugh, picking Syd up off the ground.

"It's my favorite song. Mom, tell her. Tell her all about it."

I raise my eyebrows at her sudden burst of energy. "You did this," I mutter to Florence, patting her shoulder as I walk over to the table to fold laundry.

"I'm going to have a tea party with Mr. Teddy Bundy," Syd says. I hear her footsteps disappear in her room, and then a pair of arms wrapping around my waist from behind.

"I missed you," Florence mumbles, pressing a slow kiss to my neck.

"It's been one day."

"That's too long." Her kisses on my neck pick up intensity as one of her hands creeps up my shirt towards my chest.

"Hey, knock it off. I've got mom shit to do," I instruct, half wishing that I could just drop everything and fuck her on the table.

"Fine, then let me help." She moves to the side of me and starts helping fold the clothes.

"Flo, you don't have to. You've done enough, trust me," I bump her shoulder with a smile. I struggle to express how I feel sometimes, so I've been trying my hardest to show her how much I appreciate her. I could think of a few ways to do that, but we've been otherwise occupied.

She just hums, not replying. After a few minutes, I hear a low groan rumble from her throat and I side eye her with a raised brow. My jaw drops as she turns to face me, holding one of my lace thongs and biting her lip. "Now, Miss Y/L/N, what do I have to do to see you in these? Because name it and, I swear to God..." she trails off, smirking.

"Oh shut up," I blush.

"Make me," she quips back instantly.

I push her back against the table, bringing one hand up to her throat as the other skims down her front, pausing at the apex of her thighs. I cup the area, smirking as her eyes squeeze shut.

"Fuck," she whispers as I apply more pressure, moving my hand back and forth across the seam of her jeans.

"Look at me, Florence," I husk. She does, and I move my hand to pop open the button of her jeans. I capture her lips in a searing kiss, overflowing with desperate need as my hand slips into her underwear. "So wet," I mumble against her lips.

"Florence! Come have a tea party with me!" Syd yells from her bedroom. I practically jump away from Florence at Syd's voice, my heart beating erotically.

We hold eye contact for a few seconds before she starts walking to the bedroom. I watch as she walks away, not-so-subtly checking her out. She turns around just before she walks into the bedroom, and I raise my hand to my mouth, sucking the remnants of her off my fingers, never breaking eye contact.

Even from across the room, I can see her pupils dilate.

Yeah, I really fucking need to get laid.

~

a/n: this is not exactly how this chapter was supposed to go but i'm not complaining and i doubt any of you guys are either💃💃😏