I glance at Lorenzo. He doesn't look at me, he just stares at Athena. I can't tell what's going on in his mind but I doubt it's anything good.

I look back at Athena. Then something catches my eye. Blood. On her hair.

My fists clench.

I knew something wasn't right.

She hides her right hand behind her back while keeping her left on the door.

"Athena move," Lorenzo demands.

"Why?"

I step aside and Lorenzo pushes the door open. I step into the room, reading to take my gun out if I need to. I look around the room. I open the closet door and see it clean.

I look over my shoulder as Athena watches me. She keeps her face neutral like nothing has happened.

But something has.

I walk to her bathroom and I feel her intense stare on me. I rest my hand on the door handle. I give her one last look before I open the door.

I look around the bathroom and glass and blood are everywhere. I realize her mirror is what has been shattered.

"What the fuck?"

I step into the room, shards of glass scattering under my shoes. I stare at the state of the room.

"What is it?" Lorenzo asks.

I hear him walk into the room and to the bathroom. He stands in the doorway and his eyebrows raise. Athena stands behind him, crossing her arms, watching us.

"Care to explain this?" I ask her. Instead of responding she just shrugs. "Athena," I warn. She sighs and her shoulders slump, "I threw something at the mirror and it broke, okay? I didn't know I would break it. I swear."

Lorenzo coughs, trying to stifle a laugh before turning to Athena, "Just out of curiosity. What did you throw at the mirror?"

"Yeah what did you throw at the mirror?"

"Uhm—"

"And why are your knuckles bleeding?"

She stares at me before looking at Lorenzo for help. "Don't look at me for help, little lady. Explain yourself."

She sighs, "I punched the mirror."

I furrow my eyebrows.

But she's so small and— No. How can a small thing like her punch a mirror? And why? She seems so vulnerable and flimsy. If anyone dared to glance at her, they wouldn't suspect her for the violent type.

Lorenzo laughs, loudly, "I knew you had a little demon in you! It was bound to come out one way or another."

"Lorenzo—" I say before getting cut off by Athena.

"Shut up. I may have told you I swore that I wasn't actually going to ruin your life but don't make me take it back."

My eyes widen, "Athena—"

"And yes. I punched the mirror. Don't ask why. But I'm sorry. I won't do it again."

My eyes soften as I see how sorry she is.

"It's okay, little demon. But I just hope you know you're getting seven years of bad luck now," Lorenzo says with a smirk.

I glare at him, "Lorenzo get out of here. You're not making this situation any better."

His smirk only gets wider.

"Yeah, Lorenzo. Get out of here."

His face falls immediately. He slowly faces Athena and towers over her. There we go. The big bad wolf just escaped out of its cage.