Chapter 7

Sylvia

"It's New Year's Eve, and you will meet Aaron Romano in the evening's event." Father says.

I jab my fork in the salad and stab the knife on the bowl. Today's lunch seems to be quite boring without having Ricco in here. I eat a grape from the salad then looks at Father.

"So?"

He shoots me a wild glare. "You should wear something beautiful."

"Are you afraid that he won't like me?" My brow stitch together.

Father clears his throat and Kenzo smirks at me while shaking his head.

"Watch your mouth before speaking, Sylvia."

"Why? Isn't it ladylike?"

"Don't act smart with Aaron."

"Why? Isn't he smart too?" I grin.

He throws his fork and knife on the table and stands up furiously. He gives me a dead glare but it doesn't scare me.

"Like father like daughter..." I mumble and grimace.

Father walks away from the garden. I watch him walking toward the mansion. I have a smirk on my lips.

"He can bear you great." Kenzo prompts. "Father would've stabbed his sons if we dared talking to him like you."

"I'm the daughter, you know! He is using me!" I sound irritating.

"You'll be meeting Aaron today, how are you feeling about him?"

"Not nervous at all." I giggle.

Kenzo gives me an expressionless look, "is that it?" He asks just to make sure.

"Yeah. I'm doing good." I say with a wide grin.

"Good." He sighs. "By the way, I've seen him in the underworld, and he is nothing like us."

I tilt my head to my brother. "What do you mean he is nothing like us?" I sound coarse.

"He removes people's head. You know what I'm taking about? Like the entire head!" Kenzo's face becomes pale.

Aaron is that much dangerous and that man was pinching my nose. A smile escapes my lips when I think how he acts when he stays with me. That's insane.

"You're smiling!"

"What else do you know about him?" I take a sip from the fresh orange juice.

"He once added bomb into the swimming pool and explode the mafia of Russia because that burro was trying to flirt with one of his girlfriends and what's his stays his. He killed seven Bratva members that day."

"Seems like he has nice histories with swimming pools." I mumble to myself.

"What?" Kenzo asks.

"Nothing." I smile.

"What else?"

"He carved his surname into a man's forehead because the jackass cheated on his sister."

"That's reasonable. You guys would've done the same for me."

"You want to hear the worst part?"

"Of course I do." I rest my chin on my knuckles and rest my elbow on the table.

"He had sliced off the tongue of his truck's driver because the driver betrayed him by escaping with his drugs loaded in the truck."

"He cut it off like entirely?"