I reach up, slip my blindfold off, and gasp at the sight in front of me. Instantly, I recognize the lakeside cabin that we spent the night in after my Luna ceremony, but it's completely different now.

The small porch is lit up with string lights and candles line the walkway and stairs, giving it an enchanting feel. Chris carries me up the stairs and through the open door.

Inside, candles flicker throughout and the fireplace burns brightly, bathing the cabin in soft light. My chest tightens, looking around at the beautiful sight and knowing how much care went into it.

"I couldn't bring you home for our first night, but this is in Still Water's territory," Chris murmurs, his voice thick with emotion. "It's the best I can do for now."

I cup his cheek and capture his lips with mine as a tear slips down my cheek. "It's perfect," I choke out.

Chris grins at me and carries me over to the blankets piled in front of the fireplace. He smoothly drops down to one knee and sets me down on the pillow pile.

"You did all this?" I whisper looking around. He even went as far as to sprinkle apple blossoms around.

"I may have had some help," he admits with a sheepish grin as he takes a seat beside me. Chris leans in, lifting my chin for another tender kiss. As his lips brush mine, I press for more.

My core hums to life, wanting nothing more than to pick up where we left off earlier. A single cry from the other room puts an end to that.

I pull back breathlessly leaving Chris clenching his jaw. "I should get that and change..." He reluctantly lets me go, and I feel the heat of his gaze follow me until I slip into the back bedroom.

Sammy fusses, due for his feeding anyways. "Come on little man," I murmur, lifting him up and moving over to the bed. With him fussing on the bed, I strip out of my dress, frowning as I peel off the lingerie I wore for Chris.

'You could always put it back on... though it'll likely die,' Ember snickers.

I roll my eyes at my cheeky wolf and slip on the white silk robe laid out for me. As soon as I give him what he wants, Sammy settles down. After such a long day, I have to rouse him a couple of times to make sure he eats enough.

Chris comes in after a while and gets Emma ready, swapping babies so he can change Sammy before bed. By the time I'm done with Emma, he's asleep and Chris lays him down.

He takes care of Emma while I clean up from the day, taking off the indestructible makeup and letting my hair loose. When I step out of the bathroom, Chris is gone. The twins are snuggled up together in their crib and I hear soft music playing in the living room.

Chris stands, hunched over the fire with the poker. His jacket is tossed over the back of the couch with his discarded tie but he still wears his dress pants and white button-up.

He's so focused on tending the fire, he doesn't hear me slip up behind him. I snake my hands around his chest and press myself against his back.

Chris twists in my embrace to face me, his gaze smouldering as it locks on me. He tucks my hair behind my ear and trails his thumb down my neck, sending a shiver straight to my core.

"You're so beautiful," he murmurs, bending down for a kiss. My heart beats erratically in my chest as my lips move in sync with his.

I melt into his embrace, wrapping my arms around his neck. My legs buckle but Chris holds me tightly against him.

One minute we're standing by the fireplace, the next we're stumbling down to the blankets. My hand brushes the couch as he lays me down, knocking a paper tube down.