"What kinda stuff do you do? As a music student, I mean."

"Well, the course just started for me but so far we've been put into like, mini bands." He shrugged. "We actually have to put on a show in a few weeks. If you think I'm a good singer you should see me play bass." He smirked, quirking an eyebrow and sipping his drink once again.

"Is that an invitation?" I shifted in my seat, propping my elbow up against the bar and leaning my chin in my hand.

"It's whatever you want it to be." He said playfully with a provocative look on his face, and then lightly laughed at himself. "For real though, we'll be sorting out real invitations eventually... Best believe I'll get one for you." He nodded, gently leaning in towards me.

"I'd love that." I said quietly, and honestly I couldn't even be sure that he heard me over the music but somehow that didn't matter; I slowly lifted my drink to my mouth, watching Calum over the rim of my glass as he licked his lips. Then, over his shoulder, my eyes caught sight of Sameera; as soon as she saw me she was quick to look away, in fact turning completely to walk away, but I didn't miss her staring at me.

I don't know what it was about seeing her face, but whatever it was broke me out of this apparent trance I'd been put in while talking to Calum. I felt my eyebrows furrow at the sudden feeling of confusion that overcame me.

"Uh... just a second." I said to Calum as I put my drink down and climbed off of the stool, seeing him purse his lips and nod; I felt bad, but I couldn't ignore Sameera's expression - and the alcohol definitely gave me the confidence to go and ask her about it. I followed her path, finding her as she joined the queue to the toilets. "Sameera. You okay?" I asked once I'd walked up behind her, tapping her on the shoulder.

"What? Oh, yeah, why?" She stammered, looking around before actually making eye contact with me.

"...You were looking at me funny." I added, seeing her face shift into a questioning expression. "When I was talking to Calum, over there. I thought something was up."

"Oh. No, I was just... thinking, that's all." She shrugged, taking a long sip from the cocktail in her hand. Although Sameera didn't drink a lot, she was a lightweight - and I could tell she wasn't necessarily sober right now. Not that I was, but I like to think I can handle myself alright either way.

"Whatcha thinkin' about?"

"Just like- y'know." She once again shrugged, and I cocked my head at her. No Sameera, I do not not know. That's why I'm asking. "Michael and Blaire are getting along, aren't they?" I looked around the space and saw that the pair had taken to the dance floor - and let's just say 'getting along' was an understatement. I also noticed that Charlie was dancing with someone I hadn't seen before, but I decided not to question it.

"They sure are." I quickly averted my eyes, looking back at Sameera and seeing that she looked deep in thought. "...Sameera." I said again bluntly, crossing my arms over my chest in slight frustration. I knew she had something else on her mind and I didn't want to ask again. She looked up at me unsurely, then averted her eyes before looking back again.

"Your date with Ashton went well, didn't it?" She asked finally, and I felt a frown form on my face.

"I... yeah, it was fine." I cleared my throat, glancing away for a moment. All of a sudden I was incredibly uncomfortable... and I have a feeling that was no mistake. This was Sameera's inadvertent, conflict avoiding way of telling me she had an issue with something I was doing.

"Do you like him?" She followed up, and I felt my jaw tensing slightly.

"Why are you asking me this now?"

"I don't know, Dee, I'm just... trying to figure something out." She huffed, and I narrowed my eyes in a moment of thought before I put a few pieces together in my mind.

"You're trying to figure out if I'm being a shitty person or not." I let out a bitter chuckle, and her eyes widened.

"No- that's not what I'm saying-"

"Then stop with the passive aggressive sidestepping and say what you think, Sameera, I wanna hear it." I snapped, shrugging my shoulders and cocking my head at her. She stared at me, her mouth slightly agape before she pursed her lips and breathed heavily through her nose.

"I think you don't know what you want." She stated, and I felt my heart drop at her words.

"What's that supposed to mean?"

"You know. I'm talking about you flirting with Calum when you barely know him after you've just gotten out of a relationship and you told me you don't want another one." She looked away as she said it, and I found myself impulsively biting the inside of my cheek.

"You had no problem with me going on a date with Ashton, though?" I pointed out questioningly, shaking my head at her in confusion with narrowed eyes.

"Well that's because you know him- and we know him, and he's nice!" She threw her hands up incredulously, and I couldn't help but scoff. God, how many times do I have to be reminded of how nice Ashton is?? I knew it, everyone knew it. Something about that being thrown in my face really irked me. I was about to respond when she cut me off again. "Not to mention, Ashton isn't some random stranger you made out with in the middle of a club who probably only wants one thing from you anyway-"

"What the fuck is wrong with you?!" My mouth fell open in shock, almost not believing that she'd just said that to me. The assumptions she'd made, and the clearly judgemental tone in her voice... Not just against me, but seemingly against Calum, too. it None of it sat right with me, at all. "Seriously, Sameera, what is your issue?"

"Look, I'm sorry but I just don't think you should rush into something that you might regret. That's all."

"Oh, that's all, huh?" I asked glaringly, biting the inside of my lip as I felt my brows furrow harshly. Who was she to tell me what I should or shouldn't do? Or what I might regret? How would she even know?!

"...Dee, you know that I'm not trying to be a bitch - I just... I know you, and I'm worried. So yeah, that's all." She breathed out, and I barely knew how to respond; in that moment, I just felt... insulted. And irritated. I was having a good time, and now this... I didn't even realise how tense this conversation had made me. My jaw was clenched, and my crossed arms had resulted in my fingers painfully digging into my upper arm without even noticing it.

"...Y'know what, Sameera? Just forget it." I sighed at her, deciding the best thing to do now was to walk away. She tried to call out to me again, but gave up rather quickly as I sped off across the club.

If I didn't walk away then, things probably would've gotten ugly.

A/N: a lil bit of drama. I disappeared from posting for a bit and ngl idek if I should keep posting bc I don't think people are reading this lol